The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avid S1 connection issue
Old 1 week ago
Avid S1 connection issue

Just got a brand new Avid S1, connected it to my mac mini running Catalina 10.15.5, downloaded and installed EUControl and when I click on EUControl, the S1 is no where to be found. It's not under "all surfaces". I checked my network tab and the S1 is listed as "connected" and "using DHCP" and the network interface is selected to "ethernet" (I have it hooked up via the ethernet cable that came with the S1 directly into the mini). On the S1 the Avid logos are on the 8 LCD screens. I can't figure this out and Avid's customer service line is down due to COVID. Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpaulr123 View Post
Just got a brand new Avid S1, connected it to my mac mini running Catalina 10.15.5, downloaded and installed EUControl and when I click on EUControl, the S1 is no where to be found. It's not under "all surfaces". I checked my network tab and the S1 is listed as "connected" and "using DHCP" and the network interface is selected to "ethernet" (I have it hooked up via the ethernet cable that came with the S1 directly into the mini). On the S1 the Avid logos are on the 8 LCD screens. I can't figure this out and Avid's customer service line is down due to COVID. Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!
Strangest thing, I just checked EUControl for like the 15th time and randomly it popped up. I have no idea....buuuuuut problem solved!
Old 1 week ago
Eucontrol can take a moment sometimes...esp if you're on a larger network, it seems to scan everyone's computer for connected surfaces (I used to share a space with another engineer in a different room, and I could sometimes grab his surfaces if I wasn't careful!

Firmware is another thing to watch out for.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear