The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avid control ipad over USB
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Avid control ipad over USB

The manual says you need a lightning to USB and USB to Lan adapter to get it to work.

The network security here is very strict so there is no way for the Control app on the ipad to reach the computers and Eucon over wifi.

I just tried connecting the ipad to a mac via the ordinary lightning to USB cable, and it showed up in the Eucon app and seems to work fine. Any one else seeing this? I haven't tried using it for a whole day, so it might be unreliable, but at least there was a connection.

Our studios have both pcs and macs. And now I am trying to get the same thing to work on our pcs, but that seems not to work. Has any one else had luck with this?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I use a little portable router for this application. S1 and Dock connect to it by ethernet, iPads connect over wifi. One ethernet cable from router to mac/pc and it works like a charm.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Cool!

So it is still over wifi, then.

Talked to the IT/security person here and we decided to try sharing the wifi on each mac as a local hotspot or whatever it is called. The computers are on cabled network, so the wifi connection should be free to handle that task.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search