The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Newbie to gearslutz question. Anyone use a Digi 001 & Digi 002 on the same computer?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Newbie to gearslutz question. Anyone use a Digi 001 & Digi 002 on the same computer?

Can anyone help me please? Newbie to gearslutz here, I've tried using the search feature and can't find any answers. For years I've used a Digi 001 with my Mac G4 MDD 1.25 running Pro Tools 6.4 LE and never had a problem. I bought this system turnkey and loaded with a lot of really nice extra plugins. Recently my G4 power supply died and for the same price to get a power supply on eBay, I could just buy another G4. So I called a repair tech and asked if I could clone my old G4 drive on to the newer G4 drive and he said yes it would work. I bought a G4 on eBay, and decided to buy a used Digi 002 as well. However, today I picked up the clone and plugged in the Digi 002 but when I went to open up Pro Tools it gave me an error about the software and Digi 002. And then I had to click OK over 20 times just to get it to open up a Pro Tools session. After it finally opened I realized that the reason it was saying error and to click OK 20 times was because that is for all of the extra nice plugins that came with the original computer. I can't reinstall those plugins because they came with the computer already installed and no disks from eBay, I'm assuming they might have not been purchased with disks. For a moment I thought I came up with a clever work around solution...I figured if I were to install the Digi 001 PCI card and just try using the Digi 002 while the card is also in the computer, problem would be solved. However, after searching for similar solutions I read that the Pro Tools will not work with both the Digi 001 PCI card and the Digi 002 plugged in at the same time. Can anyone help me figure this out? Is it possible to create a "Dual Boot System" by partitioning the drive, then boot one set up to record with Digi 002 and then boot later with the Digi 001 for mixing? Has anyone had any success doing anything like this? Any tips, advice, or suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search