The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT10 HD - PCI CORE card no driver
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

PT10 HD - PCI CORE card no driver

Hello all,

My macbook (yosemite 10.10) shows up my 3 HD cards as PCI devices but they are listed with no driver installed. Exemple of the page i'm looking at : https://youtu.be/u8dEZUwXFYY?t=27

I used to run a PT 10 Native and did a new installation choosing the HD PCI option into the installer program in order to get the HD TDM version running.

There is no way to uninstall my previous protools versions (Native) exept manually so that would be my last option, and normally installing the HD TDM version should replace the prévious one.

So seems that the PCI driver are not installed, I found this page http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en379411 but seems that the drivers are not availlable alone.

Does someone has this problems and know any solution ?

I would respectfully ask for answers for my problem only and no comment about the setup since PCI cards are listed as they should exept the drivers are not here.

Macbook pro late 2012
Yosemite 10.10
PT 10
Sonnet echo express II (PCIE to Thunderbolt)
Magma PE4R6-I (PCIX to PCIE)
HD TDM Core x1, Accel x1, Process x1 (PCIX)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizadespara View Post
Hello all,

My macbook (yosemite 10.10) shows up my 3 HD cards as PCI devices but they are listed with no driver installed. Exemple of the page i'm looking at : https://youtu.be/u8dEZUwXFYY?t=27

I used to run a PT 10 Native and did a new installation choosing the HD PCI option into the installer program in order to get the HD TDM version running.

There is no way to uninstall my previous protools versions (Native) exept manually so that would be my last option, and normally installing the HD TDM version should replace the prévious one.

So seems that the PCI driver are not installed, I found this page http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en379411 but seems that the drivers are not availlable alone.

Does someone has this problems and know any solution ?

I would respectfully ask for answers for my problem only and no comment about the setup since PCI cards are listed as they should exept the drivers are not here.

Macbook pro late 2012
Yosemite 10.10
PT 10
Sonnet echo express II (PCIE to Thunderbolt)
Magma PE4R6-I (PCIX to PCIE)
HD TDM Core x1, Accel x1, Process x1 (PCIX)
It might be that the HD drivers are not supported in a Thunderbolt chassis (because they have to be flagged in the driver as hot-pluggable to support it). Not sure if this changed at some point.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You are going to need an old mac Cheese grater
cheap like $500.00 these days
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
ProTools HD or plain PT?

...for avid-hardware ( i.e. older HD or newer HDX or HD Native-cards)
you need a HD or Ultimate License....
you wrote just PT 10...

you have the HD version?

....sorry misread, just reread the tiltle,its HD.

so far i know HD cards are not supported for TB-PCIe enclosures..
so far i remember there where two different installers : TDM (HD) Cards or HDX/Native,
which you have to chose when PT10HD install begins.
its not simply the HD driver
did you tried digitest?

Last edited by peterle; 2 weeks ago at 07:02 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

PT10 is not supported on OSX above v. 10.7.4.
Old 2 weeks ago
You're running a TB to PCIe Chassis, AND a PCIe to PCI chassis?

I'd sort the issue of PT version vs OS version first, but I'd also ditch the idea of trying to get PCIX cards working via 2 chassis.

It just sounds like a completely fudged system to me.

What happens if you try to boot pro tools? what interface do you have connected?

I'm thinking along the same lines as @ T_R_S - get an old mac with PCIe slots to freeze at PT10 for tracking, and get a native PT2019 install on your macbook for mixing.

You're trying to mix and match old and new computer systems - that isn't a recipe for stability.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search