The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apollo luna vs protools hdx official thread
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ideology View Post
Why would they? They've already made there return investment 100's X over I'm sure... It's still a standard system and If it works why fix it? This "LUNA" thing is just an alternative for the future and a big step forward if you're an Apollo user. It's a free world, use what you love BTW say hi to Kanye for me when he's out there!

Yes no doubt good news for current Apollo users , but the OP title is not "Good news for Apollo users"
It is vs. HDX, so the question is,,,is "verses" a realistic notion or simply vivid imagination?

Kanye? Surely you don't mean the classless misogynistic pig that oinked during Taylor Swift's award acceptance?

Last edited by KevWind; 3 weeks ago at 02:41 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
It’s beautiful up there. Spent a lot of time in Jackson. I agree with you. I have been on ProTools software since the creation of it. Now on HDX Ultimate. Use Logic for Orchestra templates, or maybe a quick writing of a jingle, because it’s been used since it’s inception as well. I love HDX and will always use it. With the new Mac Pro, I believe Avid will be in development of new cards since HDX is close to 10 years old. When you need to record in studio, a group of musicians or singers HDX is the most comfortable process for me. I do believe at this time converters make a large impact. Love class A components. People have been talking about the grammy’s and how one of the winners used an Apollo. I’m a huge fan of Burl converters because of the Class A function. 7 grammy winners and 21 nominations used Burl converters this year. Where they on HDX or other software? Can Luna be used on a HDX system or with different converters?
Yes I have lived in the JH area since 1980 it is incredibly beautiful . A bit long and harsh in the winter but spectacular
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I spent about 20 minutes checking out the Luna Beta at NAMM - they UAD guy was pretty interested in what I didn't like about it. Its a pretty crude version at this point but software does take time to build and Avid has a huge head start. But I could see it useful for a band tracking set up. As it stands from what I saw there is nothing it I can already do in Pro Tools - if they could crack the code and be able to open Pro Tools sessions directly or even be able to export the session (Tracks edits and Plugins/settings) to pro tools without any need to convert anything - now that would be cool.
The big drawback for me I have 5 HDX systems and only one Apollo interface so having drag around an Apollo to open and convert a session would be a show stopper for myself.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search