The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EuControl and Pro Tools 11
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Head

EuControl and Pro Tools 11

Hey guys!

So I bought a used Avid Artist Mix the other day. I use Pro Tools 11.
On this site (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-Compatibility) it says that those version of EuControl are only compatible with Pro tools 12.8 or higher. Does that mean it won't work on my Pro Tools 11? Or is it the other way around, like a higher version of Pro Tools wont work with a lower version of EuControl?

I have windows 10 btw.

Thanks for the help!
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billenius View Post
Hey guys!

So I bought a used Avid Artist Mix the other day. I use Pro Tools 11.
On this site (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-Compatibility) it says that those version of EuControl are only compatible with Pro tools 12.8 or higher. Does that mean it won't work on my Pro Tools 11? Or is it the other way around, like a higher version of Pro Tools wont work with a lower version of EuControl?

I have windows 10 btw.

Thanks for the help!
Give it a go! What’s to lose? If it works then great, if it doesn’t then look for an old EuControl version.
Old 8th December 2019
I have this set up and it works great, but first. I bought the Artist Mix new from a well known dealer with the understanding that any support I needed would be timely and free. It took about 11/2hr on the phone and on screen share with Avid to update PT11 to PT11.3 things the average mac user wouldn't think of. But after that detour the Artist Mix and PT11 are working great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search