The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ProTools 2019.10 CPU overload / sync question
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

ProTools 2019.10 CPU overload / sync question

I've recently gone up to PT2019.10 on Windows 10 and I have a feeling that the CPU overloading no longer results in an error message and playback stopping, but instead a little clocking-type audio click and then the video and timeline being offset from the audio output. Internally the delay comp is still keeping internal re-records in sync with the tracks. The offset is sometimes up to around 12 frames, at a guess.

It's sort of like "Ignore errors during Playback/Record" but worse because it jumps out of sync until I refresh the playback engine.

Does anyone else with PT2019.10 on Win10 have time to try max'ing out their CPU to see whether it throws an error?

It may have been like this in previous versions as I probably haven't run a session this wide in quite a while. Or it could just be specific to my system... probably the latter...

Thanks!!
Adam
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hmm... actually if I put in another 80ish instances of iZotope RX and fill the tracks with audio, I do eventually get the error message... So maybe I should re-phrase my question to:

Is anyone else having sync issues with PT2019.10 who wasn't on earlier versions?

..Adam

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search