The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So how different is the experience of using 2019.10 from 12.4?
Old 4th November 2019
Gear Maniac

So how different is the experience of using 2019.10 from 12.4?

I've been gloriously 'off sub' for a few years now, as I had more or less decided to revert to 12.4 anyhow, but I know there will be a point somewhere down the line where it'll make sense to re-up whether I want to or not, just to stay current with the changes to the overall workflow. I don't want to wait so long that the experience of using PT becomes foreign at all.

I'd imagine I'm probably nowhere near having to worry about this yet, but seeing as how I'm a good seven (or so?) versions behind now, I'm curious how different the experience actually is, versus what it was back in late 2015, when 12.4 came out.

So assuming I make use of the majority of features in 12.4 (recording, mixing, elastic audio, midi programming, video playback, etc), what (if any) are the major differences between 2019.10 and 12.4?

Thoughts? I made a similar post over at the DUC, just wanted to get some opinions here as well.

Cheers everyone
Old 4th November 2019
Lives for gear

I really enjoy using the clip EQ/DYN function and also the the plug in recall. This where you can save your favorite plug in setups for vocals, snare or whatever and recall it with out having to do the import session data function.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Plugin-search and track presets are probably the biggest improvements for me. There have been a LOT of playlist bugs recently, some fixed in 2019.10, but not all.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search