The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT 2019.6 numeric keypad
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Head
PT 2019.6 numeric keypad

I'm running PT Ultimate 2019.6 on a 2010 Mac Pro 12 core 2.93 with 24 GB of Ram. HD 8x8x8 IO and PCI-e card, running MacOS 10.13.6 and recently, for no reason, my numeric keypad on my keyboard has stopped working for transport controls. I'm using the Logic Astra backlit PT keyboard.

I've looked in PT preferences, under operations, my numeric keypad is set to transport. Command focus is on. System Preferences, I have shortcuts disabled under keyboard. The only software thing that changed was recently installing 10.13.6 after running 10.12.6 for a long time. I really don't want to waste $75 on a support call if I don't have to. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear
No idea but I would try "zap the pram"

Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart. On Mac computers that play a startup sound, you can release the keys after the second startup sound
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Head
Thanks - I'll try that and see what happens. I've obviously tried rebooting with no success. I can work around the issue, it's just super annoying.
Old 29th October 2019
Lives for gear
Yes, a workflow killer I,m sure.
Sierra and Pro Tools is/was a good combo, very stable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search