The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro tools session transfer?? Laptop...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Pro tools session transfer?? Laptop...

Okay, so long story short:

I have a huge session that I am working on at a friend's house. It is in protools. It is kind of a huge hodg-podge mash of a bunch of tracks, but it's not too bad. We have been doing tempo adjustments to already recorded tracks with electronic drums, which are going to be scratch tracks that will then be sent off to a drummer...

I sense he is getting tired of the tempo adjustment thing and I am wondering:

If I download protools, how difficult would it be to import the sessions from his place and then continue the tempo adjustments on my own... The only problem I see is that he does have a bunch of plug ins that would not come along and that could definitely put a damper on things. i have a laptop that is running out of space as well... Yeah, that could suck as well...

*The way we've been working it, is that I import the MP3 into audacity and then make a tempo adjustment on my own, then I send him the numbers and he does it in pro-tools. I would continue doing this, but I'm starting to rack up a nice price tag with all the edits/ variations I'm making, and, for some reason, the protools version of the tempo adjustments always sounds a little different, which impacts how I swing the tempo, usually.

Let me know...

Thanks,

-T

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search