The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Horrible Avid Support
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Horrible Avid Support

I have really strange experience with Avid support.
I by mistake paid subscription plan, instead of renew my perpetual licence. (for 99)
I bought perpetual licence and renewed it after. (for 199)
I asked kindly what to do.And if I lost the 99,- (I just wanted to know)
They wrote me after 5 days that they made some maintenance on my account. So I looked there and they canceled my perpetual plan, and put there subscription license instead. So it seems I lost not only 99 but 199,- . I´m very angry. It is simply hilarious!Could even the person with bit of intelligence make it? without any question? Without no excuse?
Old 3 weeks ago
Seems a shame given that Avid have worked so hard to resurrect their reputation.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Seems a shame given that Avid have worked so hard to resurrect their reputation.
I cannot understand another thing, why they put on my account just licence for PT 2015, when they cancelled (my paid!) perpetual license probably yesterday.I should own by my logic PT 2019,6 then by my logic.
I'm so pissed that will be my last year with AVID for sure.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
I by mistake paid subscription plan, instead of renew my perpetual licence. (for 99)

Mistakes with Avid can cost you more in the end (as it seems). The support is terrible and ignorant, except of some cases, but the general feel is that.

Avid is a trainwreck of a company that used to be decent. It gets worse year by year, i got off their "hamster wheel" called Annual Plan, because simply it does not worth it anymore...they under deliver or deliver nothing (feature wise), for long periods of time.

They became the "Industry Standard" of failure!

Cheers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloff View Post
I have really strange experience with Avid support.
I bought perpetual licence and renewed it after. (for 199)
I asked kindly what to do.And if I lost the 99,- (I just wanted to know)
They wrote me after 5 days that they made some maintenance on my account. So I looked there and they canceled my perpetual plan, and put there subscription license instead. So it seems I lost not only 99 but 199,- . I´m very angry. It is simply hilarious!Could even the person with bit of intelligence make it? without any question? Without no excuse?
You'll need to call Avid and clean it up for you - They will doit int will just take a few days to get it straight.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search