The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Interfaces NOT requiring Digilink IO license?
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Nut

Interfaces NOT requiring Digilink IO license?

I was shocked to open my fancy new Pro Tools 2019 with all new plugins and realize I wouldn’t be able to connect my trusty Avid HD IO / HD Native interface without paying this $300 tax.

Now I’m wondering if there are any more current interfaces that do NOT require this license?
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

No. You don't seem to understand. Any interface that uses the HD native card or HDX card for connection needs the license to work.

What you also seem to not be aware of is you can get a free digilink IO license if the HD IO is registered to you. Contact Avid support to get a license deposited to your account. The deal is you get a free license if you had a working system before Pro Tools 12.6 was released (when the digilink license became mandatory for HDX/HDnative users.) After that version, free licenses were shipped with Avid audio interfaces that used digilink as a connector. So if you have Avid hardware interfaces you never had to pay for a license.

(obviously, if you bought second hand then the original owner kept the license so you got screwed on the deal)
It's been 3 years since this went into effect ...
Old 11th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
No. You don't seem to understand. Any interface that uses the HD native card or HDX card for connection needs the license to work.

What you also seem to not be aware of is you can get a free digilink IO license if the HD IO is registered to you. Contact Avid support to get a license deposited to your account. The deal is you get a free license if you had a working system before Pro Tools 12.6 was released (when the digilink license became mandatory for HDX/HDnative users.) After that version, free licenses were shipped with Avid audio interfaces that used digilink as a connector. So if you have Avid hardware interfaces you never had to pay for a license.

(obviously, if you bought second hand then the original owner kept the license so you got screwed on the deal)
It's been 3 years since this went into effect ...
Thanks for the info.
Luckily you’re only half correct. The HD Native and Avid IO have belonged to us since new. We’ve just been running PT 10 HD this whole time. Looks like I’ll be contacting Avid support.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search