The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro Tools Control with iPad Pro = Black Strip Screen Edge
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Pro Tools Control with iPad Pro = Black Strip Screen Edge

I know this has been mentioned about the black bars/strips down the left and right on the higher resolution iPad Pros screens - but does anyone have a fix or an idea if Avid are on it?
Old 7th September 2019
Lives for gear

Unlikely this slight cosmetic issue will be addressed. It'd be silly for Avid to even care about this.

There's a whole new version of Control coming with the S1. It's a completely new GUI. And that one scales (as it can run on phones too).

Last edited by pentagon; 7th September 2019 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 1 day ago
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Unlikely this slight cosmetic issue will be addressed. It'd be silly for Avid to even care about this.

There's a whole new version of Control coming with the S1. It's a completely new GUI. And that one scales (as it can run on phones too).
So if you don’t have an S1 you won’t be able to use the new version of the Control App?
I have a Pro Tools Dock and Ipad 5, will I get access to the new version of the App?
And has the new version that’s all over their videos out as yet?
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

Everyone will be able to use the new Control app (plus it will work on phones and Android and Amazon Fire devices)
You'll need the S1 to run more than one Control app (and to do the follow fader thing where the faders move the S1 fader assignments) but there's no restrictions on the new app version outside of that.

No, it isn't out. I think they said they wouldn't be shipping until end of Nov for the S1 (which is when the new app will come out.) My guess more like Winter NAMM in January.
Old 16 hours ago
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Everyone will be able to use the new Control app (plus it will work on phones and Android and Amazon Fire devices)
You'll need the S1 to run more than one Control app (and to do the follow fader thing where the faders move the S1 fader assignments) but there's no restrictions on the new app version outside of that.

No, it isn't out. I think they said they wouldn't be shipping until end of Nov for the S1 (which is when the new app will come out.) My guess more like Winter NAMM in January.
Thanks for response. Just seemed like they’ve been talking about this new app so long it should have been released by now!!
Avid and Apple 2 peas in a pod!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search