The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Avid Heat to be included in subscription bundle / $200 promotion
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Addict

Avid Heat to be included in subscription bundle / $200 promotion

As you may know over a month ago Pro Tools Expert announced that Heat would now be included in the PT subscriptions, and that the price was going to be lowered to $200 for a promotion.

Anybody else eagerly waiting for those changes to take effect?
Old 20th August 2019
Gear Maniac

I'm less enthused than I might otherwise be because HEAT can't be used on instrument tracks.
Bummer.
Old 22nd August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCProject View Post
I'm less enthused than I might otherwise be because HEAT can't be used on instrument tracks.
Bummer.
why not commiting your instrument tracks to audio when you're done tweaking them?
Old 22nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Or just bus the instrument track into an audio track.
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Heat is now $199 on avid.com for perpetual users...
Old 30th August 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Ill take em for sure. Anyone know when we get them?
Old 30th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Ill take em for sure. Anyone know when we get them?
Subscription users should show them in their Avid accounts now.
Old 30th August 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
Subscription users should show them in their Avid accounts now.
Thank you sir. Been checking in on my avid account. havent spotted them but I'll keep poking around
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

Were is this in the avid account, what does it say exactly? I was searching my ilok and avid account and couldnt find anything with a "heat" in it.
Old 31st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
Were is this in the avid account, what does it say exactly? I was searching my ilok and avid account and couldnt find anything with a "heat" in it.
I have a perpetual license and just bought it, but it shows up as an individual purple product section under “My Products”. I would think the subscription folks should see it there, as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Avid Heat to be included in subscription bundle / 0 promotion-aea4966d-5210-43a7-9551-59f4e1d385d1.jpg  
Old 31st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have a perpetual license and just bought it, but it shows up as an individual purple product section under “My Products”. I would think the subscription folks should see it there, as well.
Maybe i just didnt understand what subscription means now, i have a perpetual license with a yearly "maintenance" subscription ... do i have to still buy it at $199?
Old 31st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickFaith View Post
Maybe i just didnt understand what subscription means now, i have a perpetual license with a yearly "maintenance" subscription ... do i have to still buy it at $199?
Yup. Only subscriptions get it for free.
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Maniac

Annual subscriber: still waiting for HEAT to show up.
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCProject View Post
Annual subscriber: still waiting for HEAT to show up.
Mmm, I am also waiting to see it in my account. (Another Annual subscriber)

Just a quick update. I got in touch with support and it turns out I have an annual "Perpetual Subscription".
I was not aware, that this doesn't fall into the "Subscription" category. Confusing.
Have been told that if I let my subscription lapse, the software PT Ultimate, will continue to work. (But I have to keep it going, to get updates and support). well, yeah.... I asked if that's the only difference to the Annual Subscription and the response was basically... Yes. (apart from the inclusion of HEAT in the latter).

I'll have to weigh up the pricing between the two and see if I can be bothered changing, or just stick with what I am doing.

Cheers

Last edited by mattrixx; 5th September 2019 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: New info
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

so if you have a Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license plus

Pro Tools | Ultimate $399.00 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan RENEWAL

Then Heat is not included?

I got the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle....but seems Heat and Aphex Big Bottom are not included
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear
Yup, that's exactly it!!
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yup. Only subscriptions get it for free.
what an Avid stupidity..... we bought the Perpetual license plus we pay yearly for updates and maintenance and we do not get the plugins??
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Mmm, I am also waiting to see it in my account. (Another Annual subscriber)

Just a quick update. I got in touch with support and it turns out I have an annual "Perpetual Subscription".
I was not aware, that this doesn't fall into the "Subscription" category. Confusing.
Have been told that if I let my subscription lapse, the software PT Ultimate, will continue to work. (But I have to keep it going, to get updates and support). well, yeah.... I asked if that's the only difference to the Annual Subscription and the response was basically... Yes. (apart from the inclusion of HEAT in the latter).

I'll have to weigh up the pricing between the two and see if I can be bothered changing, or just stick with what I am doing.

Cheers
I think that is way more expensive and you can pay the $200 bucks own Heat and have a change!
Avid is really a very stupid company
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicStrike View Post
Avid is really a very stupid company

They are not stupid at all. It's just greedy and incompetent, which is much worse, if you ask me.

Devaluate the perpetual product is on purpose...
They want to sell the subscription model, by making it more "attractive" with the "free" add ons like HEAT.

Best thing to do, is not give any cash to them, vote with your wallet, it is the only thing that can hurt them.

Cheers!

Last edited by Aziak; 9th September 2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
They are not stupid at all. It's just greedy and incompetent, which is much worse, if you ask me.

Devaluate the perpetual product is on purpose...
They want to sell the subscription model, by making it more "attractive" with the "free" add ons like HEAT.

Best thing to do, is not give any cash to them, vote with your wallet, it is the only thing that can hurt them.

Cheers!
You are right,

They create a product...in my case paid for for the perpetual with a huge penalty as I was not active with my annual plan...

So then you pay more, subscribe to the plan every year...

and those idiots full of greed punish you again.

what a piece of S**T company it is...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I have an annual subscription, paid monthly - and still can't see HEAT in my account... Just sent off a support request.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Update: support came back to me saying my account was one of a bunch that didn't automatically receive the HEAT licence. They've manually sent it to my iLok account and all is good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieneedham View Post
I have an annual subscription, paid monthly - and still can't see HEAT in my account... Just sent off a support request.
do u own a perpetual license or you just pay annualy?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicStrike View Post
do u own a perpetual license or you just pay annualy?
I pay monthly, but for a yearly subscription
Old 3 weeks ago
I have the subscription. Does anyone now where I can find the correct HEAT installer (and which one to use?) Cannot find it. Thanks for help.
p.s. Ahh, ist it possible that it installs itself with PT 2019.06? I still have .05.?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It installs itself with all 12 or 2018 versions. It just isn't active unless you the ilok license is on your key.

There is no separate installer (it would have installed with .05 too)
(however, I don't know if 2019.5 will allow it to run in regular Pro Tools when it wasn't allowed previously until 2019.6)
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
It installs itself with all 12 or 2018 versions. It just isn't active unless you the ilok license is on your key.

There is no separate installer (it would have installed with .05 too)
(however, I don't know if 2019.5 will allow it to run in regular Pro Tools when it wasn't allowed previously until 2019.6)
Thanks Pentagon, I'll try. Because license is on my iLok.
Old 3 weeks ago
Ok, had to update to 2019.06 to get HEAT. Works like a charm and from first listening it sounds great. Very interesting. Thanks again for help, Geret

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search