The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
moving pro tools sessions to an external drive
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

moving pro tools sessions to an external drive

Greetings~

I've been using Pro Tools for about 6 months now and have been saving our sessions to the internal drive of my 2018 Mac Mini. Now I'm rethinking that decision and want to move the session files to an external SSD drive. How can I do this without losing any of the necessary interconnections between ptx and various support files? I've read that moving the session files can be a tricky thing,,, or at least it used to be tricky.

Thx for your help!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

"Save Copy In..." - be sure to check "Audio Files" in the subsequent dialog. You can double check by going to the session browser ("option-o"), sort by path, and it should be obvious if any files in the session are not on the correct drive.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbreen View Post
"Save Copy In..." - be sure to check "Audio Files" in the subsequent dialog. You can double check by going to the session browser ("option-o"), sort by path, and it should be obvious if any files in the session are not on the correct drive.
Excellent,,, thank you Sir.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Or you can try "Save Session AS"

I would be tempted to just open up both drives and copy everything over folder by folder. And then double-check of course.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemates View Post
Or you can try "Save Session AS"

I would be tempted to just open up both drives and copy everything over folder by folder. And then double-check of course.
Save Copy in -as described above- is the safest and easiest way to do this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search