The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Melodyne Edit - cut out measures with shuffle?
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Melodyne Edit - cut out measures with shuffle?

I have a completed song where I have the lead vocal using Melodyne 4 as a live plugin (on the channel). It works great except for one thing, I cannot find a way for the melodyne to follow my edit when I attempt to remove entire sections of the song using SHUFFLE edit.

IOW: I am in my PT session and I highlight 6 measures on the grid lines and in shuffle mode select "delete" - the measures all disappear and the remaining measures move forward, but the Melodyne plugin does NOT delete the tracks - it does not follow the edit mode of ProTools.

I am in PT 10 and using Melodyne 4.

Is the a setting in Melodyne I am missing? Or, is there a way I can just highlight the tracks I want deleted in Melodyne and delete them in a "shuffle" manner, or else just select everything I want to delete, cut it, and then pull everything else that follows forward to the proper spot?
Old 9th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemates View Post
I have a completed song where I have the lead vocal using Melodyne 4 as a live plugin (on the channel). It works great except for one thing, I cannot find a way for the melodyne to follow my edit when I attempt to remove entire sections of the song using SHUFFLE edit.

IOW: I am in my PT session and I highlight 6 measures on the grid lines and in shuffle mode select "delete" - the measures all disappear and the remaining measures move forward, but the Melodyne plugin does NOT delete the tracks - it does not follow the edit mode of ProTools.

I am in PT 10 and using Melodyne 4.

Is the a setting in Melodyne I am missing? Or, is there a way I can just highlight the tracks I want deleted in Melodyne and delete them in a "shuffle" manner, or else just select everything I want to delete, cut it, and then pull everything else that follows forward to the proper spot?
i think your solution is to Record the Melodyne Track toand auydio track then you can do what you ask ... since MEL has taken your audo into itslef you cannot do any edits until you record it .. make sense ??
Old 10th August 2019
Gear Nut

2 ways: Commit Melodyne's audio to the track and then disable it before the shuffle edit. Or, if the session is locked to the bar/beat grid and Melodyne is locked to that, you may be able to go into melodyne and delete the analyzed audio from the unwanted section and then select everything after it in melodyne and drag or cut/paste it to the correct place while snapping to bar/beat - I do not believe Melodyne has a "shuffle" edit mode (though I'd love to be told I'm wrong). Either way is a bit cumbersome.

best,
rich
Old 29th August 2019
Gear Maniac

I figured out the easiest thing was to commit the melodyne tracks to audio and then to make the shuffle edits. If I wanted to do MORE work in melodyne I then had to open a new melodyne session and transfer the new audio track to a new melodyne session.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search