The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Lightbulb Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-17-09.35.02.jpg

New DSP solutions, Eucon surfaces, Interfaces, i wonder...?
It will not be cheap though...

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-17-09.35.02.jpg  
Old 17th July 2019
They're announcing ther new subscription-based systems for HDX interfaces and S6 control surfaces
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Its gonna have bugs. For a start they spelt the name of one of the guest speakers wrong.
Unless there's a matt and a mutt. Hmmm.
Anyway, its gonna have bugs. Ive got a feeling.

Last edited by Farmboy presents; 17th July 2019 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Ignorance
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethbyoogabooga View Post
They're announcing their new subscription-based systems for HDX interfaces and S6 control surfaces

In the past, i remember the beforehand generated hype, when Avid were to announce new stuff, there were mentions all over the net and people got some interest for it.
How times change? Since i received their newsletter, i looked around to check for any mention of their event in Nashville from the usual blog and sites....guess what....nobody cared. If this is not a sign of an "industry" shift, then what is? Oh well...

Cheers!
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy presents View Post
For a start they spelt the name of one of the guest speakers wrong.
Unless there's a matt and a mutt. Hmmm.
Anyway, its gonna have bugs. Ive got a feeling.

You mean Matt Lange? It is not spelled wrong...

http://www.mattlange.net

Cheers!
Old 17th July 2019
NEW Mbox 4 now with FireWire technology!
NEW Digi004 with USB3.0!
NEW Pro Tools Social license - pay monthly and it automatically posts session screenshots to Instagram showing what a busy engineer you are (*does not actually process audio)

Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
NEW Digi004 with USB3.0!
NEW Pro Tools Social license - pay monthly and it automatically posts session screenshots to Instagram showing what a busy engineer you are (*does not actually process audio)

I knew it...you have inside info!

Please, can you give some more info, or your NDA forbids that?

Cheers!
Old 17th July 2019
Gear Addict

Why would you do it at Belmont University verses doing it actually at NAMM?

I'm not even sure they are exhibiting at NAMM after reading their news feed.

Quote: "That’s not all. We gave up a trade show booth so we could enjoy Nashville and spend more time with you. Here’s what we have in store as our team takes over Music City USA: "

They're not in the directory either. Strange...
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

New control surfaces ....Avid S1....

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.25.38.png

Avid S4...

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.23.35.jpg

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.23.45.png
Attached Thumbnails
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.25.38.png   Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.23.35.jpg   Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.23.45.png  

Last edited by Aziak; 18th July 2019 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 18th July 2019
Lives for gear

..and another subscription!!!

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.39.32.png

Attached Thumbnails
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-18-19.39.32.png  
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

According to the latest news Avid will give at not extra cost the complete plug in bundle also for the pro tools standard subscriber ... thats not bad ...and also the avid heat for free ...
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
According to the latest news Avid will give at not extra cost the complete plug in bundle also for the pro tools standard subscriber ... thats not bad ...and also the avid heat for free ...
Correct. Actually, they try to sugarcoat the subscription model with those extras, giving it some more value, to buy-in some people.

They will also offer HEAT for $199, down from 499$, to perpetual license users...

I saw their live feed and it was so lame and boring...full of statements like: "We have a lot more in the works", "We listen to our users" ( that was a nice one) and other BS of this kind....whatever...

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

I would have been up for the S4 if it was under $10k.

I'm simply not spending $24-50k for a controller.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
I would have been up for the S4 if it was under $10k.

I'm simply not spending $24-50k for a controller.
Absolutely! In the range of 30k, one can get an SSL AWS console, which doubles as a great controller too and doesn't need Avid's support plan .
The S4 could be much more attractive priced between 10-15k range...
What i found totally overpriced is the S3 though....if it was around 2.5k, that would be a great price for what it is.

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Yes the s3 is really expensive ...how can I find the list of the supported controller for pro tools 2019.6?
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes the s3 is really expensive ...how can I find the list of the supported controller for pro tools 2019.6?
The most obvious are the current ones, plus the newly announced S1 + S4.

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-screen-shot-2019-07-19-13.31.09.png

If you mean the legacy stuff, like D-Command, Icon etc... there is no info about that in Pro Tools product page...

Also every controller out there that supports HUI, but i don't think you care about any of that.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
The most obvious are the current ones, plus the newly announced S1 + S4.

If you mean the legacy stuff, like D-Command, Icon etc... there is no info about that in Pro Tools product page...

Also every controller out there that supports HUI, but i don't think you care about any of that.

Cheers!
I have the old c24 by digidesign, and I know that is not supported, I don t know if the avid c24 is supported... becouse it will cost used less than the s3 and 24 solid faders would be awesome
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have the old c24 by digidesign, and I know that is not supported, I don t know if the avid c24 is supported... becouse it will cost used less than the s3 and 24 solid faders would be awesome
Are you aware of this:

https://neyrinck.com/v-control-pro/

V-Control will definitely cost less than getting another controller since you have the C24. Give it a try, i think you'll be back on track with the current Pro Tools and your C24!

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Are you aware of this:

https://neyrinck.com/v-control-pro/

V-Control will definitely cost less than getting another controller since you have the C24. Give it a try, i think you'll be back on track with the current Pro Tools and your C24!

Cheers!
Yes that s true ! I will give it a shot ...the fact is that I really love pro tools for everything , but like a lot of people I think that in 2020 you could not give me a daw with limited i/o and limited voices or tracks ...
Also I think the hyperthreading is not improved , , they suggest you also with the 2019 to disable it and also c state from de bios .
I hope that one day they give at the pro tools std users the ability to the unlimited tracks and i/o
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Correct. Actually, they try to sugarcoat the subscription model with those extras, giving it some more value, to buy-in some people.

They will also offer HEAT for $199, down from 499$, to perpetual license users...

I saw their live feed and it was so lame and boring...full of statements like: "We have a lot more in the works", "We listen to our users" ( that was a nice one) and other BS of this kind....whatever...

Cheers!
That's the kinda crap that caused me to finally jump ship. Another example of strong arm marketing.

If they really wanted to throw out a little goodwill to their customer base they would also offered the same deal to perpetual owners that have a current support plan.

I'm pretty sure they will eventually go subscription only...
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCat View Post
That's the kinda crap that caused me to finally jump ship. Another example of strong arm marketing.

If they really wanted to throw out a little goodwill to their customer base they would also offered the same deal to perpetual owners that have a current support plan.

I'm pretty sure they will eventually go subscription only...

I think we have covered all that in previous threads already. It's not only you, but many, many people with the same sentiments. Of course there is always a [email protected] with different opinion, who will try to convince us that Avid is not in dept with the usual brain farting.... blah blah.... Let's not derail this thread too.

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that in 2020 you could not give me a daw with limited i/o and limited voices or tracks ...
Also I think the hyperthreading is not improved , , they suggest you also with the 2019 to disable it and also c state from de bios .
I hope that one day they give at the pro tools std users the ability to the unlimited tracks and i/o

This is Avid's business model. Puts stupid limitations in their software products, implement features, most of the users never asked for (CloudCrap), they deliver too late, too little (when they do it, like the 2019.5 fiasco release) and so on...it is all discussed to death in GS, DUC...this is what it is.

They won't change, only will get worse, they will do what benefits them and that is more ways to cash grab.

Quote:
Prepare to be disappointed....that will never happen...
They invented the voice packs if you need more tracks, of course that will cost you more. How lame is that???
Every other DAW in the galaxy has unlimited tracks, at least as many as the CPU can handle, which are too many with modern CPUs, but Avid sells them on top of their overpriced crippled software....

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Sorry guys I don t wanted to derail the thread ...
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry guys I don t wanted to derail the thread ...
You did not.

Let's talk about the new $30.000 S4 controller just announced...i think i will order two.. I don't feel that my Aston Martin needs upgrade...will channel the cash to Avid...they are more in need.

Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-img_0237.jpg

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.-img_0237.jpg  
Old 21st July 2019
Mastering Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
NEW Digi004 with USB3.0!

Keeping up to date also garantees you can use newes Operating Systems that will give you free CPU spikes even at lower sample rates and with no plugins running!
How cool is that for those with several paid licenses fron 3.4 to date?
Old 21st July 2019
Mastering Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
Keeping up to date also garantees you can use newes Operating Systems that will give you free CPU spikes even at lower sample rates and with no plugins running!
How cool is that for those with several paid licenses fron 3.4 to date?
But hey wait... I forgot to mention there is a fantastic MTR interface (thanks to DAD) that sounds really good and even does DXD/DSD that not even HDX supports!
Old 21st July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
But hey wait... I forgot to mention there is a fantastic MTR interface (thanks to DAD) that sounds really good and even does DXD/DSD that not even HDX supports!
Where is the 4/8k video and 120 fps support?

Who needs that??? Lets focus on something important!

Now everybody* can use HEAT, for FREE**!!

*Will be applied ONLY to subscribed users, perpetual license users will have to buy a license to use.
**Free as long your subscription plan is active.
Old 30th July 2019
Gear Addict

Wink

When the complete plug in bundle and heat will be available for free ?? Anyone know that ?
Old 4th August 2019
Lives for gear

only for subscribers perpetually owners with active support plans don't get it
Old 5th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
only for subscribers perpetually owners with active support plans don't get it
another wonderful marketing option !!! screw the very long time loyal customers to get New Customers so you can screw them in a few years ... and so on and so on ...

after a veery long time with Digi / Avid, they did not get my money this round ... i can only hope that many others did the same thing ... only way to send a message is through the Wallet !!! goodtimes !!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search