The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Avid to announce New Products on July 18th.
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

I remember having meeting with Digidesign around 2003, 2004 - the whole company culture has changed - yo would take to almost anyone at Avid they were either musician's or someone connected with the music business in some way. They would come in to the studio and ask us what we wanted to see in Pro Tools I remember asking for a feature it was there the next week in an update. In 2015 I found a bug with ADC it took Avid 7 months to even acknowledge that the bug was even there. In fact I had to go Avid booth at NAMM and confront reps at NAMM to get them to admit something was wrong even after going to one of the systems there and I showed them the bug and they completely dismissed me.
You can't put IT people in charge of creative software - they simply do NOT understand their customers. Pro Tools is a creative tool and is not software and needs to treated that way. Avid owns a a goose that lays gold eggs in Pro Tools and they have zero idea what to do with it.
Old 5th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
...you would take to almost anyone at Avid they were either musician's or someone connected with the music business in some way.
This sounds familiar to me...like in the music industry, where people running the labels were musicians, music geniuses, visionary producers, people who spend entire lives in music etc..
Then, the bean counters took over and the results are known in the entire universe. Demise of music culture the least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Avid owns a a goose that lays gold eggs in Pro Tools and they have zero idea what to do with it.
I might slightly disagree here....They know very well what to do with it actually...
Use it as leverage to extort it's users.
I think sooner or later they will have to face the music, (pun intended) but will be too late then! Oh well...

Great post though!

Cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search