The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Loop Recording with Pre-Roll
Old 9th July 2019
Loop Recording with Pre-Roll

I can not get ProTools 2019.6 to "Loop record" with a Pre Roll. Works on the first pass then just goes to loop recording >> without the pre roll.

I.E. Would like to only loop record the 2nd & 3rd line in a verse. Set the pre roll 2 bars in front of this and the post roll 1 bar. Work on first pass I can hear the first line of the verse. > record < out. HOWEVER on the next pass, PT's just punches right in. NO PRE-Roll.

Thanks in advance.
Ron Obvious
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear

You can't. Pro Tools does not have a way to directly do what you ask. Loop record with pre-roll does exactly what you experienced and nothing more. There are no other record methods that will do it either.

The easier way is to put your pre-roll/post-roll track on a separate track and record on another track so you can listen back as much as you want in your pre/post by setting your selection to include those and just mute the section you are replacing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search