All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro Tools 2019.6 is Released
Old 26th June 2019
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
wow a milestone release...

not

Last edited by Brian Campbell; 27th June 2019 at 08:34 AM..
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Addict

What is the best way to update to the current version? I have the 2019.5 atm.
I must do a clean install ? Unistall the 2019.5 and then install the 2019.6?
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Bug Fixes

Cloud / Collaboration
-Locally saved Projects will no longer be deleted when using an unstable internet connection
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a pretty big one to have to push an update for!!! Still

Good to see them picking up the pace. They promised more frequent updates, but had the snags delaying things until 2019.5. See where it goes from here.

Heat availability across the board is nice. Maybe sidechain delay compensation will be next... ZERO reason why it shouldn't.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone get heat to work yet?

I have installed the update, and the separate heat installer, and still no sign of it and nowhere to activate heat in the sessions the way I would do it with my HD system. Double checked iLok and license is there. Is this working for anyone else?
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut78 View Post
...the way I would do it with my HD system. Double checked iLok and license is there.
Who knows how this is going to work out? So are you now on a native system... formerly HD?

Perhaps they'll require you to purchase it again for a non-HD system!?! I better be joking... but who knows?

When did you last use Heat on a system?
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

So heat works on native?
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

This is the other "cute" thing from Avid with this. Heat will work on all versions of Pro Tools, but... of course you must purchase it. I forget how much it costs, and have ZERO interest in even googling it right now... let alone trying to find it on Avid's site. But...

They should have opened Heat up ages ago like this. You want to boost profit... sell your extras! So... this is GREAT that Heat is available... for a cost. But how about you throw a "freebie" to ALL iterations of Pro Tools... ADC on side-chains! Start making your subscriptions desirable if you want to lure people away from perpetual licenses.

/mini-rant
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin III View Post
So heat works on native?
So they say. And if you purchase it.

May be kinks involved... but I'm sure they'll get them sorted out as close to immediately as Avid is capable of doing.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
-Locally saved Projects will no longer be deleted when using an unstable internet connection
And... REALLY Avid? You can't just take ONE on the bloody chin? The problem with locally saved Projects being deleted is due to people's dodgy internet connections?

Grow a set! Really being slimy at every given turn these days!

Be better... you used to be better.
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Anyone get heat to work yet?

I have installed the update, and the separate heat installer, and still no sign of it and nowhere to activate heat in the sessions the way I would do it with my HD system. Double checked iLok and license is there. Is this working for anyone else?
Have you installed the update via avid link ? Or didi you unistall completlely the previous version?
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
Have you installed the update via avid link ? Or didi you unistall completlely the previous version?
What did you decide to do? Do you own Heat as well?
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Addict

No , I have not updated it yet, I don t know what is the best way to don t loose my plugs and presets ..
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Just install it over the previous version. Backup you system drive (as always) before you do this.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No , I have not updated it yet, I don t know what is the best way to don t loose my plugs and presets ..
Unless the release (install) notes say anything contrary to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilburguy View Post
Backup you system drive (as always) before you do this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilburguy View Post
...install it over the previous version.
Job done.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Obvious other little tricks to use, depending on what you're running? Apple/Mac OS? Windows?

Do a backup... use your chops... trust your skills. Don't be afraid to make a mistake. Restore your backup (if need be)... and try again.

No biggie.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did the update from the avid control centre, the computer was purchased two weeks ago and had a full install then, so the update seemed the easiest way to go.

My heat license is from my protools hd rig in the b room, and heat was one of the reasons I kept that system active. Maybe there is an update that is needed for the heat installer, once I downloaded it shows the date of the installer file from 2016.

The heat license is still $495 at most online stores.

I am keen to know if anyone had had success with this install.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
My heat license is from my protools hd rig in the b room, and heat was one of the reasons I kept that system active.
When was the last time you used that system... just for clarity and giggles?

Quote:
Maybe there is an update that is needed for the heat installer, once I downloaded it shows the date of the installer file from 2016.
Again... I'm sure its just a little (obvious) bug that Avid didn't think of. I'm sure they're already cooking a remedy.

Quote:
The heat license is still $495 at most online stores.
Not cheap... and makes me wonder why Avid didn't do this sooner. So be it... here we are now.

Quote:
I am keen to know if anyone had had success with this install.
I'm on a HDX system for about another eight days. If nobody has responded to you by then, I will share my direct experience with PT Standard then. Let's not forget...

This update JUST came out. But let's figure it out together... as soon as possible... July 1st looms.
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
When was the last time you used that system... just for clarity and giggles?

Again... I'm sure its just a little (obvious) bug that Avid didn't think of. I'm sure they're already cooking a remedy.

Not cheap... and makes me wonder why Avid didn't do this sooner. So be it... here we are now.

I'm on a HDX system for about another eight days. If nobody has responded to you by then, I will share my direct experience with PT Standard then. Let's not forget...

This update JUST came out. But let's figure it out together... as soon as possible... July 1st looms.
Thanks for the reply. The HD rig is really there as I have a bunch of older projects that couldn’t be moved for compatibility reasons, Heat was one of them. It is still rock solid on HD11 and gets used for tracking my bands rehearsals before moving sessions onto the main rig.

I have just searched through DUC, so it appears that heat doesn’t need a separate installer and is part of the core protools install. When heat was made available in Ultimate there were quite a few reports of heat not showing up and users needing to deactivate the license on the iLok and then reactivate it and synchronise their iLok in the iLok license manager, so I will try that when I’m back at the studio and will report back.

Cheers
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
...so I will try that when I’m back at the studio and will report back.
Yeah... you may need to do a wipe out of PT. Fresh install. Jiggle your Heat iLok license... and make it all land in harmony together.

I remember when I first bought Heat (HEAT)... it was a separate install. Eventually it did become a pre-baked part of HD/Ultimate... unlocked immediately if you were licensed... no longer a separate install.

You/we'll get there... keep us in your loop.

Best!
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
You can install straight over if you don't want to keep PT 2019.5. If you're on a Mac and want to keep PT 2019.5 and try out PT 2019.6, rename PT 2019.5 so that PT 2019.6 doesn't overwrite.

You only need to install the PT app. If you use a HD interface, you'll need to install the latest HD Driver too.
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
You can install straight over if you don't want to keep PT 2019.5. If you're on a Mac and want to keep PT 2019.5 and try out PT 2019.6, rename PT 2019.5 so that PT 2019.6 doesn't overwrite.

You only need to install the PT app. If you use a HD interface, you'll need to install the latest HD Driver too.
Thanks a lot for the reply guys
Old 27th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is the other "cute" thing from Avid with this. Heat will work on all versions of Pro Tools, but... of course you must purchase it. I forget how much it costs, and have ZERO interest in even googling it right now... let alone trying to find it on Avid's site. But...

They should have opened Heat up ages ago like this. You want to boost profit... sell your extras! So... this is GREAT that Heat is available... for a cost. But how about you throw a "freebie" to ALL iterations of Pro Tools... ADC on side-chains! Start making your subscriptions desirable if you want to lure people away from perpetual licenses.

/mini-rant
That extra is licensed from Dave Hill. So like a Dolby or DTS plugin, Avid loses money if they give this away.
Old 27th June 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Maybe a little ARA support as well in a not so distant updates. I mean c'mon!
Old 28th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
That extra is licensed from Dave Hill. So like a Dolby or DTS plugin, Avid loses money if they give this away.
Hi. I wasn't suggesting they give Heat away. Dave needs to be paid, Avid too. Just surprised they didn't allow Heat to run on standard sooner, to get those sales moving.

As a "freebie," I was suggesting automatic delay compensation on sidechains in native versions. No reason they couldn't do it.. Just not a paid upgrade like Heat.
Old 28th June 2019
Gear Addict

What do you guys use for system back up? Im in win 10...the built in back up utilityof win 10 is valid ?
Old 28th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah... you may need to do a wipe out of PT. Fresh install. Jiggle your Heat iLok license... and make it all land in harmony together.

I remember when I first bought Heat (HEAT)... it was a separate install. Eventually it did become a pre-baked part of HD/Ultimate... unlocked immediately if you were licensed... no longer a separate install.

You/we'll get there... keep us in your loop.

Best!
Just an update, deactivating and reactivating the license on my iLok and running the Synchronization process in the iLok License Manager has done the trick.

Heat is now working as expected.

Cheers
Old 28th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
What do you guys use for system back up? Im in win 10...the built in back up utilityof win 10 is valid ?
Macrium Reflect free
Old 29th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
JHeat is now working as expected.
Good news. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 29th June 2019
Gear Addict

I Installed the new vesrion 2019.6 but I have not the avid heat....it s for everyone or only for the hd users ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search