The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
If I buy a $99 update plan, can I wait until after 7/1 to use it?
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Nut

If I buy a $99 update plan, can I wait until after 7/1 to use it?

I’m considering buying S1 and maybe an extra year of PT updates but if I love S1, I may try to sell the PT code.
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBQIII View Post
I’m considering buying S1 and maybe an extra year of PT updates but if I love S1, I may try to sell the PT code.
Assuming you will purchase from a dealer and not directly from Avid.
You can keep the code unregistered till you decide, if you will use it or sell it.
Keep in mind though, that you (or the potential buyer) must use this code before your current plan lapse. For example, if your Pro Tools Annual plan expires on September 1st, you must register it until October 1st (including the 30 day grace period). In general, the renewal must take place, while you annual plan is still active. If you eventually sell it, remember to make sure the buyer is on an active annual plan, otherwise it will not work and the aftermath will be...

Cheers!
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
You can keep the code unregistered till you decide, if you will use it or sell it.
Keep in mind though, that you (or the potential buyer) must use this code before your current plan lapse. For example, if your Pro Tools Annual plan expires on September 1st, you must register it until October 1st (including the 30 day grace period). In general, the renewal must take place, while you annual plan is still active. If you eventually sell it, remember to make sure the buyer is on an active annual plan, otherwise it will not work and the aftermath will be...

Cheers!
Awesome. Thanks that’s exactly what I was thinking.
Old 29th June 2019
Lives for gear

buy 10 and you're good for the next 10 years

codes don't expire until you use em
Old 30th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post

Cheers!
Yes. However, the purchase of a year of PT support now will not take effect until the current year support plan expires. For example, my current year PT support plan expires 12/29/2019. I just purchased another year support plan for $99 (before the price goes up in a few days). My Avid Master account now shows my support plan is good through 12/29/2020.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search