The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro Tools default playback engine changes to airplay
Old 5th June 2019
Here for the gear
Cool Pro Tools default playback engine changes to airplay

Greetings All!

I am having the joy (snark!) of the Playback Engine in Pro Tools HD 10 changing from HD TDM to Airplay randomly (and often!) when relaunching the DAW. When it has done this, my desired PB engine does not even appear in the pull-down menu and I must quit PT, trash preferences, empty the trash and restart everything. I am working on an older Mac Pro 8-core running OS 10.8.5 - the last OS that supports PT 10. It has always been an aggravating distraction, but it has just gotten to be too much to bear. I do not have any other programs making demands on my interface (192 I/O). I had been running some cracks, but now everything is legit/licensed... ANY thoughts? Thanx in advance!
Old 30th June 2019
Lives for gear
Sounds like the I/O is not seen by the DAW - can the computer see that it is connected? Turning the 192 off and on doesn’t help?
Old 30th June 2019
Gear Guru

same thing happens here on occasion .. Soundflower seems to be what PT likes more than anything else ..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search