The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid Omni Power Light Not Turning Green
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Avid Omni Power Light Not Turning Green

I've upgraded from 11 HD to 12.5 HD this week and everything is working great except the power light on my Omni. For some reason doesn't turn green when it's connected to Pro Tools anymore?

I'm running a Avid Omni and HD Native card in a 2010 PowerMac, I'm on Pro Tools 12.5, OSX 10.11.6 and have installed the HD driver, I've also checked the Omni with Digitest to make sure the firmware is up to date.

Everything works fine but the light just doesn't turn green. I did try a firmware update of the same firmware with the HD driver that I installed with PT12 but half way through it crashed and the omni stopped working. To get it working again I had to go back to my old Pro Tools 11 HD drive and run digitest from the HD 11 driver.

Has anyone else had this issue and have any ideas on how to fix it? The light goes green when I'm running Pro Tools 11 just not 12.

Last edited by Pies; 4 weeks ago at 07:33 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Did you do the HD Driver install in the Pro Tools 12 installer (has to be done separately)?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Did you do the HD Driver install in the Pro Tools 12 installer (has to be done separately)?
Yep, HD driver is installed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search