The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
String/Orchestra Plugin recommendation?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

String/Orchestra Plugin recommendation?

Hey

I used to use the Mirsolav package from IK Multimedia. I really likd it for years, but then last year I updated from PT 10 to the latest, which wiped my compatibility out. The Miroslav was more than a few years old and they have a newer version out. Before I grab that, is there something else I should consider?
Memorial Day deals are coming up! Thanks in advance
Old 4 weeks ago
Old 4 weeks ago
If Spitfire Audio has any Memorial Day Deals, I'm gonna have a very difficult time keeping my credit card in check.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a...honic-strings/
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger View Post
If Spitfire Audio has any Memorial Day Deals, I'm gonna have a very difficult time keeping my credit card in check.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a...honic-strings/
Thanks for the 2 options above

How did you choose that particular set, as opposed to the similar priced Zimmer one? So many choices my head spins.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyRayHanky View Post
Thanks for the 2 options above

How did you choose that particular set, as opposed to the similar priced Zimmer one? So many choices my head spins.
Good question. A friend of mine is a very successful composer, music director, and producer in New York and I had the opportunity to play with, say, $15k worth of software on his rig. I was specifically looking for a good string library. He has the full Vienna collection (very expensive), Cinesamples, East/West, lots of other stuff, and Spitfire's Symphonic Strings, specifically, was the best out of all of them to my ears. (And to his.)

They had a killer Black Friday deal a couple years ago with a bundle that included the Symphonic Strings but I didn't get it at the time. So I've just been watching and waiting for it to go back on sale, and sadly it hasn't yet! But as soon as it does, I'm there.

The Albion series is reportedly very useful for film scoring and things like that, but the Symphonic Strings seems to be the best deep-dive into orchestral string sounds specifically. And that's one of the most important things to have as a composer!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search