The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TV monitor
Old 7th May 2019
TV monitor

Any suggestion for TV screen for MacBook Pro, Apollo, TB set up?
Old 7th May 2019
Lives for gear

Any screen will do. You just need to consider how big you want it, how far away you are sitting, how high to mount it, HD or UHD resolution, are you using it for anything other than DAW use, 2nd screen or single main, etc.
Plenty of info out there on how to choose a monitor for your workstation. If you give some info about your setup, you might get some helpful advice. I could just say 'get a 65" Samsung smart UHD TV' but that probably doesn't help without knowing what your setup currently looks like.
Old 8th May 2019
My set up is MacBPro to Apollo8 via TB with an Apple Display that has a TB port for TB to Apollo chain. In looking a TV's in general I'm not getting any info on chaining/output. As yet my search has not turned up anything on this hook up. It should be a 30'' screen.
Old 8th May 2019
My set up is MacBPro to Apollo8 via TB with an Apple Display that has a TB port for TB to Apollo chain. In looking at TV's in general I'm not getting any info on chaining/output. As yet my search has not turned up anything on this hook up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Is Apple display the only monitor that can chain TB.
Old 4 weeks ago
Update . . .I bought an Apple monitor which has 2 TB ports that I use for daisy chaining to an Apollo interface, 6 years ago. Today thats been discontinued and not replaced. In my search there are no monitors of any make that will have daisy chaining features. Seems TB hubs are also nonexistent, not like USB which can provide many ports for $10.
So it appears to solve my problem I have to buy a new Mac with 4 TB ports. $3000 buck and that sucks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerogrande View Post
Update . . .I bought an Apple monitor which has 2 TB ports that I use for daisy chaining to an Apollo interface, 6 years ago. Today thats been discontinued and not replaced. In my search there are no monitors of any make that will have daisy chaining features. Seems TB hubs are also nonexistent, not like USB which can provide many ports for $10.
So it appears to solve my problem I have to buy a new Mac with 4 TB ports. $3000 buck and that sucks.
Please provide some product model specifics so we perhaps can offer some solutions.

For example, I just sold a Thunderbolt-2 Dock made by StarTech. It was Tbolt-2 and had a second Tbolt-2 port for propagating a Tbolt-2 chain of devices. The dock itself offered an HDMI output, four USB 3.0, an optical SPDIF-out, Ethernet, and an analog Line-in.

-Is your MacBook Pro a Thunderbolt-2 or Thunderbolt-3?
-Is there a restriction about using your Apollo interface as the 2nd in a chain?

Don't give up.
Old 4 weeks ago
-Is there a restriction about using your Apollo interface as the 2nd in a chain?
Well is there? One sales/tec? said that's a no,no. back to my set up.
MacBP 2012, 1 TB port, 2 Apollo 8ch. interfaces. 4 total TB ports. I would have 1 port left for a monitor. Will this work?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search