The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools free version not installing DAW Software
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Pro Tools free version not installing

I have downloaded the free version of pro tools by registeing my email address with pro tools and they send me the link to the download by email

I have tried installing it on 2 devices
The first is my PC which is running windosw xp, but I am given a message of. "the insulation package cannot be installed by the windows installer service. You must install a windows service pack that contains a never version of the windows installer service"

And the other device is my laptop which is running on windows 7 which says "The insulation package is not supporeted by this processor type. contact your processor vendor"
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Cant run on two differnet computer on two different operating system with two differenct excuses!

Must be a load of crap then!best to delite the installer and save disk space and move onto a different DAW

Good job this was a free version and not the paid one or I would of been completly ripped off by a company that just take your money and run! I mean there email address "pro [email protected] no reply" says it all really

PS maybe the mods could make this a sticky thread so as to warn people before taking out this DAW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Though I wouldn't say PT First is wonderful, it does have it's uses. I am afraid the "load of crap" is your computers. PT First will not run under XP at all because PT is a 64bit application and XP is 32bit. Current version is designed for Win 10, though it may run under Win 7 if you are using the 64bit version.
You have obviously not read the system requirements for running Pro Tools First.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

my crap computers! **** my 2 laptops and one pc tower are so crap because they are over 3 years old and there are all from the bady days and to become a goody person I must purchase the lastest singing and dancing baroness rothschild to become a good person once again; again ****! its called the coat of arms the wolf in the sheep skin coat. And anyone who belives that crap I hope you enjoy your new world order

OK so cutting the BS! the thing was only ever desinged to run on (latest sing and dancing) win 10, and you may may be ever so lucky for it to run on win 7.

OK so the things really is a heap of crap!
Thanks for letting me know as I can put this one to bed
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Wow. Windows XP came out in 2001 (18 years ago) and Windows 7 came out in 2009 (10 years ago) and you're blaming Avid that their free software, that is based entirely on cloud collaboration and internet connectivity (i.e. security), won't run on your clearly dated machines and you say this is a rip off? Troll much?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I envision a big pile of messengers with fatal bullet wounds....

Remember, the best way to learn and grow is to consult people who tell you only exactly what you want to hear, said nobody ever.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

What you dont understand is that the whole thing is a plot to take money from you (money that dose not exist by the way as it has no trinsic value since they removed the gold standard and the gold out of falk knocks).
You buy a computer running win xp, then you are told xp is no good all stuff from the baddy days so they bring along a newer version of win 7, then you upgrade it to your machine only to find out the machine is to slow for the operating system so you have to go out and buy a new machine because if you dont upgread to the lastest singing and dancing in the first place then the programs or should I say DAWs you wish to run on xp will not work any more.

There all run by the same pupit master, booger berg (who runs google and is big bilgerber man) the corprate entertys that started the internet by the american goverment in the first place DARPER, because it so dark by the way they need to keep that one a secret

If you think I dreamed all this up in a dark room wrong!
Its out there on the net for anyone who wishes to read the David Icke Alex Jones stuff
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A disciple of David Icke, say no more.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I am a big fan of DI and a regular watcher of his weekly youtube podcasts
Beats corenation street and the xfactor, as I dont have a TV anyway

I know hes made a fool out of him self in the past or as Terry Wogan said made him self a target for himself indeed by him enimies, coming out with popostrate ludricus statments that the queen is a fully blown reptilian shape shifting being (the queen is not a reptilian shape shifting being, she is a highbrid bloodline to the reptilian gean). But he reraly has turned it round for him self over recent decades, his reserch is saught after and he is worlds number one for the alternative media source where other geralists dont will not go
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Maybe you should learn how to spell, and also the use of capitals.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search