The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bounce problem Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 13th April 2019
Bounce problem

Hi,

I've got a song where I have the guitar outputs set up as follows

GTR L to Out19
GTR R to Out 20
GTR ST to Out 19-20

If I bounce output 19-20, I expected to get all of the above in the bounce, But GTR L and GTR R are missing from the bounce.

Not sure why, as I'm pretty sure I've bounce similar setups without something like GTR ST in it. In other words, If there wasn't a stereo track there, the mono tracks going to outs 19, and out 20 individually would wind up in a stereo bounce of outputs 19-20.

Does this make sense?

I can send them to a stereo aux first, and bounce them, but I'd like to understand why it doesn't work.
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Hi,

I've got a song where I have the guitar outputs set up as follows

GTR L to Out19
GTR R to Out 20
GTR ST to Out 19-20

If I bounce output 19-20, I expected to get all of the above in the bounce, But GTR L and GTR R are missing from the bounce.

Not sure why, as I'm pretty sure I've bounce similar setups without something like GTR ST in it. In other words, If there wasn't a stereo track there, the mono tracks going to outs 19, and out 20 individually would wind up in a stereo bounce of outputs 19-20.

Does this make sense?

I can send them to a stereo aux first, and bounce them, but I'd like to understand why it doesn't work.
i just did a test with 3 different Tones .. 400, 700 and 1000 hz ... 400 panned left output 1, 700 panned right output 2, and 1000 stereo output 1&2 ...

do you think this would be a proper test ?? as i hear all tones on bouncing output 1-2
Old 15th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
i just did a test with 3 different Tones .. 400, 700 and 1000 hz ... 400 panned left output 1, 700 panned right output 2, and 1000 stereo output 1&2 ...

do you think this would be a proper test ?? as i hear all tones on bouncing output 1-2
Sounds like it. I'm really confused now. I'd almost swear this is a new problem. I did upgrade my os and reinstall PT a while back. Maybe there's a parameter somewhere that I've got wrong

My center track is a mono track made stereo with an s-gear plugin. Maybe that's it.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Sounds like it. I'm really confused now. I'd almost swear this is a new problem. I did upgrade my os and reinstall PT a while back. Maybe there's a parameter somewhere that I've got wrong

My center track is a mono track made stereo with an s-gear plugin. Maybe that's it.
thats something i do not have in my test ... can you find a way bypass it and seeif it is the culprit !!
Old 15th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
thats something i do not have in my test ... can you find a way bypass it and seeif it is the culprit !!
I'll try it with a mono track going to both channels, and a stereo track going to both.

Interesting.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Head

In order for the two mono outs to show up in a bounce of the stereo 19/20 they need to be set up as *subpaths* of 19/20 in the bus tab - I suspect they aren't in your setup. A screenshot of the outputs tab and the bus tab in the I/O dialog would make clear what's happening.

Last edited by richbreen; 15th April 2019 at 06:28 PM..
Old 15th April 2019
Thanks for the info.

So here is the deal.

If I choose "Output" When deciding what to bounce, I get only the stereo track.

If I choose "Physical Output" I get the stereo track, plus the mono tracks (in other words, everything assigned to those outputs).

I learned something here.

Thanks for all of your help.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search