The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Artist mix Control Surfaces
Old 8th March 2019
Artist mix

At what point is the Avid Artist mixer not supported by either ProTools software or Mac OS software?
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Head

Not sure what you're asking; Artist mix is a currently supported product.
Old 9th March 2019
I've been reading that upgrading OS8.5 lion to say to Maveric or Yosemity may end up not supporting the Artist Mix. Or put another way is this product support through all interations of ProTools?
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerogrande View Post
I've been reading that upgrading OS8.5 lion to say to Maveric or Yosemity may end up not supporting the Artist Mix. Or put another way is this product support through all interations of ProTools?
I have used Artist Mix on Mavericks and I am now using it on High Sierra with no problems. As far as I know it is still a fully supported Avid product.
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerogrande View Post
Nope. Fully supported. Software is free (free of any subscription costs too.) You just need to be on the latest version of Eucon if you go up to higher macOS versions (it will work with older versions of DAWs as long as that DAW runs on that macOS)
Old 15th March 2019
Gear Addict

Make sure the firmware is up to date on the surface too. I had some issues with spilling VCAs a while back, re-flashing the firmware on all surfaces fixed the issue.
Old 15th March 2019
Engagement Manager

Yep check firmware and install latest version of Eucon software

Running multiple Artist Mix’s on latest Mac OS and PT 12/2019

Old 24th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Avid's deal on supporting hardware is for 5 years after discontinuation. They sometimes "allow" things to work longer, like the icon. But some, like Control24 were kicked to the curb right away.

PTE did a nice job with this:

Pro Tools | Pro Tools - Avid Discontinue Artist Control, Now What?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search