The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools 12.5 dmg download
Old 5th February 2019
Here for the gear

Pro Tools 12.5 dmg download

Hi,

I'm in a similar boat to a couple of other users I've noticed on this board - I've accidentally deleted my Pro Tools 12.5 .dmg and it seems I can only download version 12.6 and up from my Avid account - any chance someone could send me a link to download version 12.5?

I have an iLok with a valid licence to run version 12 etc., just need the Mac installer!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Just email Avid. They're usually pretty quick about that sort of thing.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Guru

not faster than a Speeding Gearslutz !!!
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

I’m now in the same boat!! I need the 12.5 installed. If anyone wouldn’t mind lending a download link that would be soooooo awesome!! I’m stuck on 11.3.
Old 27th November 2019
Here for the gear
Hey all, Im in the same boat as well. If anyone could help me get my hands on a PT 12.5 installer, I'd be mighty grateful
Old 27th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Stag View Post
Hey all, Im in the same boat as well. If anyone could help me get my hands on a PT 12.5 installer, I'd be mighty grateful
I keep all the PT install files on an external drive and am pretty sure I’ve got 12.5 — will check when I’m home
Old 27th November 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I keep all the PT install files on an external drive and am pretty sure I’ve got 12.5 — will check when I’m home
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 27th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Stag View Post
Awesome. Thanks!
I've got 12.5.2 DMG file (Mac) -- drop me a message and I'll send you a download link
Old 14th December 2019
Here for the gear

Hi there [email protected],

Can you also help me out with a copy?

Thanks
Old 15th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMixdown View Post
Hi there [email protected], can you also help me out with a copy?
Yes mate, I'll PM you now. Leave the money on the fridge
Old 18th December 2019
Gear Head

Hi Remi - is it possible to PM me a copy as well? I urgently need it. Thanks!
Old 27th February 2020
Here for the gear

Hi from a noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've got 12.5.2 DMG file (Mac) -- drop me a message and I'll send you a download link
I saw your thread and was looking for a copy of PT 12.5. Needed help to download as Avid seems to make life a bit difficult to download older versions. Thanks in advance if you can help.
Cheers !
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Guru

What’s g deal? How come seemingly everybody wants to go back?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2008 View Post
I saw your thread and was looking for a copy of PT 12.5. Needed help to download as Avid seems to make life a bit difficult to download older versions. Thanks in advance if you can help.
Cheers !
Ok Noobie, welcome to GS .. 12.5 ...12.5.2 is the closest i have .. not sure if you need 12.5 to Install though ..

anyone know this ???

and can we ask why 12.5 ??? my account shows back to 12.6 under the Heading of SW DL (Software Downloads, i beleive) ... what do you see ???

cheers john
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome! Purchased and old license only to find out the current downloads only went back to 12.6 on Avid site and subscription was only paid to 12.5 so I had to chase down an earlier installer. I'm currently running on 11.3.So all is OK. It does what I need it to do. Not a big fan of subscription model but I get it.

Cheers, Al
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

right on. understood. and here is a Link to 12.5.2 if you want to try it and also a Link to 12.4 which is now a Classic. haha.

cheers john

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fufxlba8k6...88973.dmg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpyu8tosfb...91909.dmg?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2008 View Post
Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome! Purchased and old license only to find out the current downloads only went back to 12.6 on Avid site and subscription was only paid to 12.5 so I had to chase down an earlier installer. I'm currently running on 11.3.So all is OK. It does what I need it to do. Not a big fan of subscription model but I get it.

Cheers, Al
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for the DL John.
I have also received an email from Avid Customer Service and referenced my license back to 12.5.1 and gave me a download link. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to run both installs. All good with my 12.5.1 but when I ran 12.5.2 I had a lot of frozen frames and had to force quit the application several times and then asked me to submit a message to Avid. So I have stuck with 5.1. Once again thanks for your help it was greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Al

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search