The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
protools play back, going crazy Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
protools play back, going crazy

ok, so I must be tired but, here the scenario. Windows 7,Protools, 9, Hammerfall 9632 card. Ive never had this issue ,it just happened overnight. I am missing something, too close to the problem lol.
I transfered new live tracks from my alesis hd24 via ADAT lightpipe into protools, same as always. Upon playback, all meters up,peeking and just static on all. I try an existing project, not an issue. All good.
All the wave files look correct. Just something in the playback engine. Everthing is as it should be. New project 48k, same as recorded project from hd24.
What the heck am I missing. Well it was a very long night, not much sleep lol> I'm not seeing the forrest through the trees.

Addition. I even added these problem tracks to an existing project at the end. The existing project plays back fine, one it hits the newly imported tracks....all static. So, its not a playback issue. It must be an issue with the new tracks coming in via adat lightpipe. Odd as Ive done this for years, and as recently as 2 weeks ago with no issues.

Just imported wave files from the protools project and put them in Sonar. Works fine. WTH?

Last edited by studioman59; 4 days ago at 11:06 PM.. Reason: adding more good info lol
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search