The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid protools 2019 .... ? Audio Interfaces
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Nonsense.

Both Macs and PCs use folders for exactly the same reason...for quickly organizing things.

And hitting decimal points and remembering which number shows what is hardly as simple as seeing a folder called STRINGS for heaven's sake.
you can create a group called strings and have it show hide. I want a lot from protools but this isnt the hill to die on.
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

good lord

Folders muy bueno. Lets have them and move on. Once there, you'll Group... Show/Hide etc... so less frequently.

I hope for serious efficiency of (very) soon-to-come 24-core (48-thread) processors. Plenty of power to stuff the new folders!
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
good lord

Folders muy bueno. Lets have them and move on. Once there, you'll Group... Show/Hide etc... so less frequently.

I hope for serious efficiency of (very) soon-to-come 24-core (48-thread) processors. Plenty of power to stuff the new folders!
Id rather see marker tracks with custom colors first. Sorry. But that is kinda the point. We are all clamoring for different things.
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
We are all clamoring for different things.
Indeed.

I'm easy though... I'll just take it all. Give me the works!
Old 2nd April 2019
Looks like NAB

This trade show starts Sunday and it would make sense Avid would release 19 at the show
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydaddymusic View Post
This trade show starts Sunday and it would make sense Avid would release 19 at the show
So does this mean PT 2019 will be released before PT 2020?
Old 5th April 2019
So interview with Avid / PT Director of Marketing in Pro Tools expert and it sounds like there were tons of bugs that cropped up in the 2 months prior to release. Sounds like it might be a while longer and. For one don’t have any interest in updating to the new version until it’s out in the world for quite a while.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
From what I read the only thing that stopped them from releasing last month was an issue with HD card firmware causing issues with some 15% of beta testers. The Mojave support and all the other stuff sounds good to go and they plan to release in the first week of May without the new type of card firmware, with a tweaked version of the old firmware instead
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear
So basically, it wasn't released because it wasn't done. Seems pretty obvious.

Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Call me an asshole, but I like this new Avid where Native gets a pro feature before DSP does. :D

Kidding of course but if only it were an omen.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Addict

Folder tracks are not only an organizational tool, as for what you see in a session.
They are super handy and extra fast when you bounce stems or when you just want to hear a certain group of tracks together or mute others.
It's fast and intuitive (faster then groups) and you can just collapse what you don't need at any given time.
PT is miles behind on this time saving feature.
And is prone to crashes, and it requires much more power then competing DAWs (meaning you basically have less cpu resources).
It is great nevertheless. It is a standard... but for how long?
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Addict

A proper batch-export would be nice, too.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

All I want for Christmas is a Pro Tools that runs (well) on Mojave.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
All I want for Christmas is a Pro Tools that runs (well) on Mojave.
Don't worry, PT 2019.12 will be out soon, in 8 months, just before PT 2020
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

All joking aside, it'll probably come pretty soon (May?). Probably with the voices functionality for (HD) Native included. HDX will have to wait until the next update to receive a voice increase.
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

My guess is that the next iteration, whatever the title, will be considered a letdown for most users.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

...is never coming.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
...is never coming.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Nice Kevwind! lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Motown legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
My guess is that the next iteration, whatever the title, will be considered a letdown for most users.
Avid's competition seriously WANTS it to be a letdown and many want to believe their cheaper alternative is better. It's like an argument over plastic vs. metal splicing bars.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
Avid's competition seriously WANTS it to be a letdown and many want to believe their cheaper alternative is better. It's like an argument over plastic vs. metal splicing bars.
My TDM rig used to be old; now it's Vintage. And to think I almost "upgraded." Silly me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
My TDM rig used to be old; now it's Vintage. And to think I almost "upgraded." Silly me.
Belt and suspenders, always have a back up I say
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Some Things I'd love to see... one of which is confirmed:

1- Continuous playback (confirmed) this is a very welcome update
2- Track Stacks/Folders in the arrange and mixer windows
3- Deeper Midi Features
4- Bug Fixes*
5-It's 2019 why the track count limitation? If a computer can support more voices, let it have it yet.. I understand this may be to HDX cards but this seems backwards to limit it for others.
6- Bus Soloing
7- ARA Integration
8- when they switched to subscriptions they had mentioned this would lead to more updates, fixes at a faster pace...thus far this is not the case.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

9- Stop the constant ProTools Quit Unexpectedly errors.
10- minimize the amount of RAM reserved by the Avid Video Engine. It keeps a stranglehold on over 3GB of RAM just for video playback.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I havent been here in a while but its still not out?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

11- Pro Tools 2019.5
12- Open up Eucon to third parties

I could have sworn they said they would open up Eucon when they bought Euphonix.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
12- Open up Eucon to third parties

I could have sworn they said they would open up Eucon when they bought Euphonix.
Eucon is free for third parties to develop with (and there are lot of software companies that have taken advantage of it) -- The catch is third parties just can't make any hardware controllers with it.
That has always been their policy.

(Before Eucon/Euphonix was bought by Avid, there was a fee/membership cost for companies to use Eucon in their software products; that changed.)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Bummer. So they somewhat opened it up.

Well... I wish they would allow third party hardware. Charge a Eucon license fee if you must. HUI is so damn old in this day and age. Not a fan of their most recent controllers. Competition would do wonders.

Thanks for the insight.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

- side chainADC
- multichannel side chains

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search