The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pro tools 2019.1 what is your request ?!
Old 31st December 2018
Gear Addict

Pro tools 2019.1 what is your request ?!

It’s best place to write your request , about 2019 protools .
My request :
1. “ Shortcut “ manual
2. “ Spectrom analyzer “ EQ
3. Support many EQ company in his curve EQ
4. “ Melodyne ” into protools pack
Old 1st January 2019
Gear Maniac

O.K., I'll bite.

1. MIDI timing that is like, good or decent.
2. CPUs that actually multi thread.
3. on the CPU thing, they don't spike all the darn time.
4. MIDI to Audio - Audio to MIDI conversion
5. Multiple Marker Layers
6. I/O setup that actually works and makes sense.
7. Avid Link or equiv. that doesn't require constant logins for no reason.
8. Auto Beat detection. grid lineup
9. Plural eyes style Field recorder replacement tool.
10. IR reverb tool that can import/capture in app
11. Metering
12. Multiple song/sample/clip management without having multiple sessions.
13. Globals for #12

I'm sure I'll think of more tomorrow.
Old 3rd January 2019
I guess finally the CPU issue is solved in 2018.12 if you get it to work on latest high sierra !! super smooth here with loads of VIs running ! heavy ones ...

Midi to Audio would be a super feature as well as Beat Detection close to Ableton
Old 4th January 2019
i'm using PT11 so i don't if this has been resolved with 12:
1. Right-click functionality to include, cut/copy/paste, undo, new track, transport functionality.
2. option click or command click to change ONLY highlighted tracks I/O, not all.
3. trim unused audio
4. stem BTD. Each track can be bounced into it's own track instead of doing the export dance.
5. buss soloing
6. plugin chain templates.

the big one:
no more subscriptions. i know this won't go away but it's one of my hangups on going to 12 and beyond
Old 5th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethbyoogabooga View Post
2. option click or command click to change ONLY highlighted tracks I/O, not all.
3. trim unused audio
4. stem BTD. Each track can be bounced into it's own track instead of doing the export dance.
5. buss soloing
6. plugin chain templates.

no more subscriptions. i know this won't go away but it's one of my hangups on going to 12 and beyond
#2 has been there for a very, very long time. Including in your version. The command is shift+option and click. It's a universal modifier to change something for the selected only. Maybe time for you to crack open the manual?
(and shift+option+command and click changes things in a series -- for instance, selecting 5 stereo tracks, click the first one for input and select 1-2, then the next will become 3-4, then the next 5-6, etc.)

#3 trim unused audio? do you mean clear from clip list? already there. Do you mean only edited, consolidate it all and then clear from clip list.

#4 that's pretty much what commit is. introduced in 2018 (can't remember which version)

#6 it's there in 2018 pro tools (can't remember which version it was first introduced)

You don't have to do subscriptions. You can buy outright. You can only upgrade when you want too.
Old 5th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
#2 has been there for a very, very long time. Including in your version. The command is shift+option and click. It's a universal modifier to change something for the selected only. Maybe time for you to crack open the manual?
(and shift+option+command and click changes things in a series -- for instance, selecting 5 stereo tracks, click the first one for input and select 1-2, then the next will become 3-4, then the next 5-6, etc.)

#3 trim unused audio? do you mean clear from clip list? already there. Do you mean only edited, consolidate it all and then clear from clip list.

#4 that's pretty much what commit is. introduced in 2018 (can't remember which version)

#6 it's there in 2018 pro tools (can't remember which version it was first introduced)

You don't have to do subscriptions. You can buy outright. You can only upgrade when you want too.

i have read the "manual" and i know these keyboard shortcut. I am also aware that CMD-C/CMD-X are also keyboard shortcuts. But I specifically was talking about right-click functionality with even the basic commands that just about every other program uses mouse functions.

Thanks for clearing up the other lines. Glad that Avid is somewhat listening to us.
Old 5th January 2019
Gear Addict

That Pro Tools finally catching up to the other DAWs like Logic, Studio One or Cubase. It is ridiculous how far behind Pro Tools is.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Maniac
I would love something similar to pipeline in studio one: I just want to make hardware delay compensation easier. Even a ping function would suffice. !
Old 9th January 2019
1. Open Clip Effects for use with third party plugins
2. ARA2 support like Logic(for use with f.ex Melodyne)
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Addict

THIS!!!:

move multiple faders at once without having to group them first - Avid Pro Audio Community

"Pro Tools can't do temporal grouping"

Nope, it is not a joke, this is real.
Old 10th January 2019
Gear Nut

Preference matrix: Check boxes that allow all user selectable pro tools preferences to change with sessions or not.
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Addict
1. Better dual monitor support
2. Proper “full screen” (removing bars at top), or at least allowing edit/mix windows to fully maximise like they did in PT7!! At some point (maybe PT8) an extra bar appeared at the top!
3. Audio to MIDI (at least for drums!)
4. Melodyne integration
5. Bounce multiple maker regions as seperate files, named by region name (so useful for some post production...)
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Some functions for music production I'd love to see in a 2019 Pro Tools update

1. Improved stability and performance (CPU multithreading)
2. Improved Elastic audio algorithms
3. ARA2 implementation for Melodyne and other plugins
4. Smart tempo functionality with Auto Match (like in Logic)
5. Good quality Audio to MIDI
6. Realtime MIDI-effects like a good MIDI arpeggiator
7. Folders in the clip list (like mentioned on ideascale)
8. Improvements in MIDI-editing.

Some Improvements have been made in MIDI editing lately but it could be better. For example let a double-click on a MIDI clip open up a docked MIDI Editor instead of a floating window or give the option to choose this in the preferences.

Love Pro Tools but also love to see these functions to make it even better

Last edited by protootr; 12th January 2019 at 04:18 PM..
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Maniac

"Waiting for video operation to complete"
"The Avid Video Engine was unable to stop"
"The Video Engine reported an error"
"Pro Tools cannot create thumbnails for the video track"

I don't know, just a few things off the top of my head...
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
That Pro Tools finally catching up to the other DAWs like Logic, Studio One or Cubase. It is ridiculous how far behind Pro Tools is.
It depends on your point of view. I couldn’t imagine tracking live instruments and editing on any other DAW than Pro Tools (HDX). It does it’s job so well!
Old 12th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy Floppy View Post
It depends on your point of view. I couldn’t imagine tracking live instruments and editing on any other DAW than Pro Tools (HDX). It does it’s job so well!
No offense, but that was not the point what you can imagine.
Old 12th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
No offense, but that was not the point what you can imagine.
No offense taken. I suppose your comment was just taken out of context.

I guess I personally don't feel that Pro Tools is way behind other DAW's. Some features are more important to others... unless you are talking about MIDI! Then you are very, very correct!
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
No offense taken. I suppose your comment was just taken out of context.

I guess I personally don't feel that Pro Tools is way behind other DAW's. Some features are more important to others... unless you are talking about MIDI! Then you are very, very correct!
Logic is now faster and more efficient when it comes to audio editing and
especially to audio-mixing. Nuendo handles huge projects more masterfully than Pro Tools. Midi in PT is a shame. PT has really lost the connection and is only in the marketing at the forefront. Avid must finally get his asses up and give the outdated software a fresh cell treatment.
Old 13th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by protootr View Post
Some functions for music production I'd love to see in a 2019 Pro Tools update

1. Improved stability and performance (CPU multithreading)
4. Smart tempo functionality with Auto Match (like in Logic)
5. Good quality Audio to MIDI
7. Folders in the clip list (like mentioned on ideascale)
You basically read my mind with most of these. These are the ones that I think really need attention:

1. Improved stability and performance (CPU multithreading) for VI's
Quote:
double-click on a MIDI clip open up a docked MIDI Editor
You can already do this. Select a midi clip and press Shift+Control+Option+equals(=)Mac, then click on the tiny square at the top right of the docked editor to activate it and any following double clicks will open within the editor. This will stop working if you reopen the floating editor.
Also, you cannot double click to close it, you have to use the shortcut above again.
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
You basically read my mind with most of these. These are the ones that I think really need attention:

1. Improved stability and performance (CPU multithreading) for VI's

You can already do this. Select a midi clip and press Shift+Control+Option+equals(=)Mac, then click on the tiny square at the top right of the docked editor to activate it and any following double clicks will open within the editor. This will stop working if you reopen the floating editor.
Also, you cannot double click to close it, you have to use the shortcut above again.
Yes, you’re absolutely right. Using the target mode you can open a Clip in the Docked Midi Editor. But as you point out it can be a bit flakey. I’d like the MIDI preferences drop down menu - ‘Double-clicking MIDI Clip opens’ to have an option ‘Docked MIDI Editor’. This would allow me to always open midi clips in the Docked MIDI Editor.
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Addict

Remove the 32 track input limit!

I'm planning a Dante setup and Avid has no real solution to take advantage of all that routing.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCat View Post

I'm planning a Dante setup and Avid has no real solution to take advantage of all that routing.
Pro Tools HD Native?
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Pro Tools HD Native?
To connect HD Native without the 32 input limit would require a RedNet HD32R for each 32 inputs costing $2169 a piece and the HD/Dante routing would be cumbersome at best.

Lifting the arbitrary 32 input limit would eliminate all the extra layers and allow you to simply install a Dante PCIe card and be done with it. Simple and elegant!
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
To connect HD Native without the 32 input limit would require a RedNet HD32R for each 32 inputs costing $2169 a piece and the HD/Dante routing would be cumbersome at best.

Lifting the arbitrary 32 input limit would eliminate all the extra layers and allow you to simply install a Dante PCIe card and be done with it. Simple and elegant!
Sounds like you’ve done your homework. 10-4.

But, my copy of Pro Tools Ultimate has no limit and works without an Avid interface. I use it for my HDX rig at the studio, then with my apollo at home. I’m pretty sure there is no 32 input limit. I’d have to check to be sure.
Old 15th January 2019
There is.
You will not get any input above channel 32 on f.ex. Dante.
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:

But, my copy of Pro Tools Ultimate has no limit and works without an Avid interface. I use it for my HDX rig at the studio, then with my apollo at home. I’m pretty sure there is no 32 input limit. I’d have to check to be sure.
You can see them in the software but without any AVID hardware anything above 32 doesn't do anything.

It's an arbitrary limit to force you to use AVID hardware...
Old 15th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by protootr View Post
I’d like the MIDI preferences drop down menu
Totally agree, or a check box under preferences to select your prefer editor on double-click would be much better.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
You can see them in the software but without any AVID hardware anything above 32 doesn't do anything.

It's an arbitrary limit to force you to use AVID hardware...
I had no idea. That is really lame! There’s Avid for you!

Avid is clearly going for a closed system structure. Easier for them to keep quality control in check. I’m stretching to play devils advocate on this point.
Old 15th January 2019
Quote:

I'm with ya, except I want them to do away with the output limit on native.

I'm pretty sure that this is the only daw that limits your outputs to 32. It's ridiculous.
Old 15th January 2019
Quote:

My understanding is that even with Ultimate, you are limited to 32 I/O unless you use Avid hardware?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search