The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools 2019.1 what is your request ?! Digital Converters
Old 15th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy Floppy View Post
I had no idea. That is really lame! There’s Avid for you!

Avid is clearly going for a closed system structure. Easier for them to keep quality control in check. I’m stretching to play devils advocate on this point.
What makes it even worse, is that you can't even choose which 32 you use. It's the first 32 no matter what.

I have a raydat, and can't mix 32 channels out adat, and use my AES input for the mix from my console. My AES and SPDIF i/o are about useless with protools.

I can sacrifice 2 channels of output, and loop back in because the raydat software allows it in routing.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
What makes it even worse, is that you can't even choose which 32 you use. It's the first 32 no matter what.

I have a raydat, and can't mix 32 channels out adat, and use my AES input for the mix from my console. My AES and SPDIF i/o are about useless with protools.

I can sacrifice 2 channels of output, and loop back in because the raydat software allows it in routing.
I'm with you then! That's an unnecessary limitation!
Old 20th January 2019
As with the past I don't know how many versions, some VERY simple things I'd like to see, that are so common in other DAWs it is astonishing that it's 2019 and PT still doesn't have them:

- polarity buttons on tracks
- the ability to right click (or ctrl click, or alt click) the master Solo button to quickly change the solo mode instead of having to click through a goddamn menu every time
- Customizable plugin menu

That is all. Not a tall order I would think, yet here we still are. I know I am far from alone in these requests.
Old 22nd January 2019
In S1 I can open up a session and have record and monitor the way I had saved them. Additionally I expect that in S1 in plugins the monitor status would be preserved (see my post in this forum yesterday about the air gate starting with side chain monitor always off)
How about something else being having the alt button functionality from a double mouse button. So when I double mouse button click a fader it would snap to 0. And when I double mouse button a record all MIDI (and inst, if shown) tracks would get lit enabled.
Old 22nd January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
My understanding is that even with Ultimate, you are limited to 32 I/O unless you use Avid hardware?
Correct. HD Native or HDX required with a DigiLink interface to get more than 32 I/O
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Maniac

1. ARA implementation, seems like a no brainer.
2. MIDI general and workflow overhaul, like why do I still have to open separate windows for things like quantisation?
3. A better way of altering send levels, other than having a pop up fader window or a group of 4 mini send faders that ruin the workflow of my mix window.
4. Space for native users (or whatever they call the standard version these days)
5. If they are going to keep the subscription model, can we have a yearly road map outlining the features users are going to get for their money.
Old 27th January 2019
Looks like they may have reworked the playback engine, and they increased the number of tracks available for some users, and they are going to charge extra for more.

I think that's about it.

There's a thread under NAMM
Old 31st January 2019
Gear Maniac

My request for PT 2019.1 is that it will become 2019.2, which is now a matter of hours
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
My request for PT 2019.1 is that it will become 2019.2, which is now a matter of hours
Well, if you want your next wish to come true, it'll be 2019.3

The release is set for sometime in March. It is not coming in February. Multiple Avid reps have mentioned this.
Old 4th February 2019
how about taking BLE midi in windows with implementing the Windows api released now over 2 years ago with 1607. Pretty much a no brainer?
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Remove the ****ing 32 channel IO limit! Common AVID, it's 2019 not 1995!!!
Old 9th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
Remove the ****ing 32 channel IO limit! Common AVID, it's 2019 not 1995!!!
This is all they'll have to do to keep me in protools. Everything else works for me.
Old 24th March 2019
Gear Head

Fix CPU Spike & delay cmp

Fix what we have!

Fix cpu spike and delay compensation on HDX. This is killing loyalty!

Add a beat generating tool as simple as logic’s.
One that divides into ind tracks after you choose it.

Chord generator that also analyses famous songs.

Integrate melodyne into extremely simple work flow.
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

Better cpu management
-9xxcx, -6xxxx
Everytime I think about a new computer I realize the dif will be less because of pt poor cpu management
But the elegance of simplicity is a strength I hate to say
So many other daws are bloated with bells etc and miss something obvious
Pt 2018 is better than ever in a lot of ways
But cpu handling is a cluster f
And some old crusty limitations to keep the imaginary velvet rope up for the hd ppl
Hd is good but stupidly priced
I have an hd Lic but use native exclusively
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Addict
The CPU spike thing is quite new to me and a constant embarrassment in front of clients. I’m guessing maybe it’s my PC or Windows but I only started getting it when I upgraded from W7 to 10 and PT12.4 to 2018.12. I’d love if it were a PT problem that was fixed in 2019.4...
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Nut

Less expensive
Less bugs
More stable
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Maniac
Mojave compatible
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear
Delay compensation for sidechain inputs. And not just for HDX users. I can't believe more people aren't requesting this.
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
Delay compensation for sidechain inputs. And not just for HDX users. I can't believe more people aren't requesting this.
Sure they do. Avid just don't listen.
Old 1st April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyboyboy View Post
Mojave compatible
They already have that, it's called Windows...I have to admit that my mind is blown that we're sitting here in 2019 and Mac fans are complaining that their platform isn't stable. But I won't lie that I'm not chuckling a little as well. Congrats on paying 3 times more for a computer with specs from 2 years ago.
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojak View Post
They already have that, it's called Windows...I have to admit that my mind is blown that we're sitting here in 2019 and Mac fans are complaining that their platform isn't stable. But I won't lie that I'm not chuckling a little as well. Congrats on paying 3 times more for a computer with specs from 2 years ago.
Mac vs PC is so 2000’s
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy Floppy View Post
Mac vs PC is so 2000’s
So Tedious as well talk about earning a yawnnnnnn
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

If you're doing the type of work that requires to go beyond 32 channels of I/O it's never been cheaper buy a HD Native system.
Even HDN is limited 64 channels if you want 128 or 256 channels of I/O you're gonna need a "bigger boat"
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Maniac
MAC is easier to work with imo- no virus’s either
Old 4th April 2019
Here for the gear

My #1 request for all upcoming Pro Tools releases:

More MIDI love! :-)
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

I'd like for it to be useable without a broken screen resolution for windows.

Seems to work just fine with a standard 5k iMac but it likes to fight my humble 4k windows desktop
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Avid the time has come to remove the 32 channel native limit. At the very least raise it to 64 or 96 channels OR at least let the user choose what 32 channels to use. I have no desire to add Avid hardware.

For example, using a Burl Mothership with Madi going into an RME interface, Pro Tools only sees a whopping 9 Burl Madi channels since it loads and sees the first 23 RME channels first. Thanks a lot!

RME has a clever way to compensate by internally swapping, but it is still a needless pain and I have to remember that RME input 4 = Burl Madi 19 for example.

At least let me pick my 32 Burl Madi channels first.

Last edited by jetwolf; 1 week ago at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Fix
Old 1 week ago
I love the effort that was being put into 2019.5 in terms of CPU usage !! Super stable here on High Sierra
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Cheaper re-instatements! It's $999 for Ultimate.

I have paid $3500 for pro tools HD and re-instatement to upgrade.
When was almost up I did not see the value of $399 to keep it current when it could be over a year before a new worthwhile update. Now with Mojave you NEED 2019.5 for low buffers. So I have to pay $999 for 2019.5 when I am happy with 2018.x if I want Mojave. 2019 has no worthwhile features. So more voices BFD.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsSlate View Post
Cheaper re-instatements! It's $999 for Ultimate.

I have paid $3500 for pro tools HD and re-instatement to upgrade.
When was almost up I did not see the value of $399 to keep it current when it could be over a year before a new worthwhile update. Now with Mojave you NEED 2019.5 for low buffers. So I have to pay $999 for 2019.5 when I am happy with 2018.x if I want Mojave. 2019 has no worthwhile features. So more voices BFD.
I don't get it ... why do you need Mojave for Low Buffers ?? Couldn't High Sierra do the job ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search