The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M-Audio fast track ultra with Mavericks stopped working, and don't know why? Mixers (Analog)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

M-Audio fast track ultra with Mavericks stopped working, and don't know why?

Hello,

Any assistance with this would be greater appreciated!

I know there are many threads on various sites written about this subject, though this is slightly different.

Basically, I updated my Macbook pro (Mid 2012) to Mavericks 10.9.5. I have a Fast Track Ultra which I managed to find the correct driver for, (I know for a lot of people this was a long time coming) and all has been working fine.

Then a couple of days ago my Mackbook has just stopped recognising the interface. I am not aware I have changed anything. The iLok appears to be fine. The Fast Track light still comes on and doesn't seem to have any obvious faults.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a few times, plus I have tried new drivers all from the avid website. Nothing seems to be working and I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any idea why the fast track may have stopped working, or a link to the correct driver that works with the fast track and Mavericks?

I then recording with Protool 8.0.5, but the fast track normally just works with my mac and other packages independently so haven't bothered looking into if it has anything to do with Protools.

Totally stumped, and not sure if I need to be looking at new equipment!

Cheers
David
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

I have an M-Audio Promix IO that I was happily using as a controller, until I updated my OS only to find that it wouldn't be recognized.

If the Fasttrack is FireWire, then it's not working simply because Apple decided that since they weren't making computers with FireWire anymore, then they had no need to support FireWire drivers, or users, because, hey, they could just buy a new computer and a new interface, right?

There's a facebook group that has posted their own workaround. I forget the name but if you do a search for M-Audio FW users group or something like that, you could find it.

You have to some weird hoops like running scripts from the Terminal, two of which you have to run every time you boot up, but I can attest that it did get my ProMix IO recognized again.

Hope that helps.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search