The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Invalid Fades Detected Dialogue Box - Lose all of your work!! DAW Software
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Invalid Fades Detected Dialogue Box - Lose all of your work!!

So this is the second time I've had a session become corrupted with the following message upon opening the ptx file:

"Invalid Fades have been detected" along with with a series of 1000 lines. When I decline a detailed report, the session opens with 90% of the clips deleted from the timeline! I've tried to troubleshoot by restarting my computer, opening the session from a clone drive, trashing my prefs, trashing the wave cache file, and opening backup sessions directly or importing them into a clean new session.

The first time this happened on another project none of the backups from the latest day of work opened at all, and I had to resort to a previous day (losing a full day of work). On this project, I was able to open one of the earliest automatically generated backups, though I'm a bit nervous using it and encountering this situation again.

I've searched endlessly on gearslutz and DUC for a remedy, and no one can seems to have it. It happened to a colleague of mine who's really proficient with computing and he said there's nothing you can do, and that he thinks it's an issue with clip-based fx. I use a good amount of clip-based eq, and phase, for editing dialogue, so this is a major issue.

My system:
2015 Macbook Pro, Quad Core i7, 16DB RAM, 15"
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.7
Working off a Glyph Atom SSD 1TB.
Running pro tools natively on my macbook.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

try creating a new session and import from the old session into the new one and see if that helps. I have never had this happen to me. We use both native and HD Native PT 2018.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
try creating a new session and import from the old session into the new one and see if that helps. I have never had this happen to me. We use both native and HD Native PT 2018.
That was one of the first things I tried.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

damn, maybe try fixing permissions on your boot drive. I like using Onyx and its free. Check the Glyph drive also, maybe it has become corrupt. We are using 2018.7 on our native set up with Sierra also.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
damn, maybe try fixing permissions on your boot drive. I like using Onyx and its free. Check the Glyph drive also, maybe it has become corrupt. We are using 2018.7 on our native set up with Sierra also.
Surprisingly Avid actually called me pretty quickly in response to the case I logged with them. One thought they had was a corrupt drive, but they have to wait until Monday to review my dlog file with the engineering team.

Here's a screenshot of my disk info:
Attached Thumbnails
Invalid Fades Detected Dialogue Box - Lose all of your work!!-screen-shot-2018-11-10-5.27.23-pm.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondom22 View Post
Surprisingly Avid actually called me pretty quickly in response to the case I logged with them. One thought they had was a corrupt drive, but they have to wait until Monday to review my dlog file with the engineering team.

Here's a screenshot of my disk info:
That is amazing Avid got back to you on a Saturday!!! If you can wait for them for Monday then do. Any other issues with the Glyph drive?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
That is amazing Avid got back to you on a Saturday!!! If you can wait for them for Monday then do. Any other issues with the Glyph drive?
Ya I was surprised tbh. I think it's because the error caused a loss of work/money, and I work in post-production audio and they understand how crazy our deadlines are and the money/people involved. I haven't seen other issues with the drive, but I will keep you and everyone else posted on this as I Avid and I work together on resolving the issue.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search