The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kontakt Player DAW Software
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Kontakt Player

I just moved from Sonar Platinum to Pro Tools. I am using Kontakt Player as and I'm trying to control MIDI CC through an external Midi device. It works fine in Sonar, and it works fine with the standalone Kontakt Player, but in Pro Tools, I get nothing. I have the Midi device defined in PT as a MIDI input device.

Since I'm a newbie at PT, I am assuming there is some configuration that I'm missing. Any suggestions, or is their some PT documentation for this?

Particulars:
PT 2018
Spitfire Audio Solo Strings through Kontakt AAX player.
Palette Faders to control MIDI CC
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

To send cc I believe you need an added midi channel to send cc through along side the instrument channel.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Thanks! That worked for my EWQL and OrchestralTools packages!

But, for some reason, Spitfire gives me grief. I got one control to map, but Can't reproduce it to other ones. I'll keep playing around and will contact Spitfire if I can't figure it out.

Again, thanks. You got me over a big hurdle
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search