The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 11.3 works in High Sierra DAW Software
Old 9th October 2018
Gear Nut

Pro Tools 11.3 works in High Sierra

Not sure if this is an anomaly peculiar to my system, but I just upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2 and for some reason double clicked a Pro Tools 7 file which was on an external storage drive, and my Pro Tools 11.3.0, which lives on a separate partition with Mavericks, opened. The song loaded after asking me to save as a PTX file. I then tried several other old version 7 songs, all worked. As did saved PTX files.

So, despite Avid saying that 11.3 is not compatible with HS, I find it is.

I have created new sessions , loaded in old sessions, given it a fairly thorough testing and it appears to work.

We'll see if it works tomorrow after I shut the Mac down (Mac Pro 2012) and restart.

I'm not going to update to 11.3.1 which PT is asking me to, why risk it!!

Anyone else got it working in HS? I certainly hope I can use PT now without having to re-boot into an old OS. I don't recall PT working in El Capitan, which is what the Mac Pro was running on until this morning.
Old 14th April 2019
Here for the gear

does it still work? I'm running a 2012 MBP with Yosemite and PT 11.3.1
I need to buy a new MBP soon and I'd like to figure out the newest OS to run PT 11.3.1, I'm resisting the Avid subscription model if I can!
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

I ran a session last week on my laptop with Mojave and pro tools 11. It wasn’t stable (crashes, slow downs) but it did actually work.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search