The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 2018.7.x support for Mojave? DAW Software
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Pro Tools 2018.7.x support for Mojave?

Can anyone "in the know" about the workings of Avid tell me how likely it is that they are going to release an update for Pro Tools 2018.x.x when macOS Mojave comes out? I got a new Macbook Pro recently which came with High Sierra 10.13.6 and then found out Avid only supports Pro Tools in High Sierra up til version 10.13.4

So now if I don't want the CPU overload error PA 6101 to keep popping up every 5 minutes during playback I'd have to rollback to the earlier version

But I hear that Mojave is coming soon, and it would make sense if Avid were going to release an update in the near future that it would support Mojave... but from their track record I'm wondering if I should just rollback for now to 10.13.4 and expect an update in a year or so

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I'd say rollback to an earlier revision of HS if you want to keep working. Given Avid's track record with compatibility updates I'd stay away from Mojave for a good long while. Avid will never say in advance when compatibility updates will come out. It's one of those things where those who know won't say and those that say don't know.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespritdescalier View Post
Can anyone "in the know" about the workings of Avid tell me how likely it is that they are going to release an update for Pro Tools 2018.x.x when macOS Mojave comes out?
No one in the know can/will answer this. There are conditions to being a beta tester (including not telling anyone) and developers aren't going to say anything unless they want to get fired.

I can't think of a single macOS major release where Avid has approved it on day one. Usually months after. They test (and beta test) with what is out currently and not future beta macOS releases. Once that new major macOS release is final and out publicly, that will go through beta testing again. So it will be months (if at all) after Mojave is released.

Roll back if you need to.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search