The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools 2018.7.x support for Mojave? Audio Interfaces
Old 2 weeks ago
one of the reps at Avid told me Support for Mojave is coming early 2019. I am installing systems on 10.13.6 right now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
one of the reps at Avid told me Support for Mojave is coming early 2019. I am installing systems on 10.13.6 right now.
Thx Doc. This is just a little experiment. A pal of mine @khoop successfully switched over to the new Mac mini w/ a similar setup, except that he has HDX, not HD-N.
Just trying to figure out if the HD-N part is the wrench in the gears or something else.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
Thx Doc. This is just a little experiment. A pal of mine @khoop successfully switched over to the new Mac mini w/ a similar setup, except that he has HDX, not HD-N.
Just trying to figure out if the HD-N part is the wrench in the gears or something else.
it is difficult to surmise what the issue may be with your setup, but have you made sure the HD-Drivers were properly installed in security preferences? I have noticed High Sierra blocking the installation of HD Native several times. It took me around 12 times to get it to work on the last Imac 10.13.3 setup I installed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
it is difficult to surmise what the issue may be with your setup, but have you made sure the HD-Drivers were properly installed in security preferences? I have noticed High Sierra blocking the installation of HD Native several times. It took me around 12 times to get it to work on the last Imac 10.13.3 setup I installed.
Great idea... will check that now! Thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Adam, where in the security prefs would I see confirmation of the HD Driver?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Adam, where in the security prefs would I see confirmation of the HD Driver?
Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow Apps

If it has blocked the installation - you can see it -- and hit "Allow". Then it will go through.

However, it took me about 10-12 times before I even saw that it was blocked.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow Apps

If it has blocked the installation - you can see it -- and hit "Allow". Then it will go through.

However, it took me about 10-12 times before I even saw that it was blocked.
Gotcha. Currently pro tools is not in the list at all.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Gotcha. Currently pro tools is not in the list at all.
I didn't have any issue getting PT on the machines. Only for the HD Native TB box
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
I didn't have any issue getting PT on the machines. Only for the HD Native TB box
Sorry, what I meant was that in the accessibility preferences, ProTools is not showing up there like it is on my trashcan Mac.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Sorry, what I meant was that in the accessibility preferences, ProTools is not showing up there like it is on my trashcan Mac.
Can you open PT with the Built in Audio Driver?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Can you open PT with the Built in Audio Driver?
I finally got the driver to install. As you said, it took a few attempts and I finally got the system pref message saying it had been blocked. Looks like I am able to press on now as it is recognized. Thank you so much for your help!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
I finally got the driver to install. As you said, it took a few attempts and I finally got the system pref message saying it had been blocked. Looks like I am able to press on now as it is recognized. Thank you so much for your help!
No problem
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search