The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Installing PT 10 on old Mac with Snow Leopard Digital Converters
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Installing PT 10 on old Mac with Snow Leopard

So here's a question for some of the old-timers in regards to pro tools and mac.

I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 tower that is housing my old Apogee xsymphony 32 pic card. I have a need for some high sample rate recording this weekend, so I thought I would get my old pt 10 system back up and running for it and use my 192k rosetta 800.

I built a brand new partition, and installed OS10.6.3, then the combo update to 10.6.7. This OS version happens to be the earliest one supported by PT10 (according to Avid's compatibility charts) and the latest one supported by the Apogee symphony 32 drivers. Apogee drivers install just fine.

When I go to install either the PACE ilk drivers (downloaded the legacy installer for 10.6) or PT10 (I have installers for 10.3.7 and 10.3.10 and tried both) I get an error message that just says that the software can't be installed and to contact the manufacturer. No reason is given for the error, just says it can't be installed.

If anyone has any insight a remedy for this within the next day or so, you will be my friend forever.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hello,
I'm sure I've installed PT HD 10.3.10 on Mac running Snow Leopard.
But I'm also pretty sure it was 10.6.8 and not 10.6.7...
Would that make all the difference ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search