The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Playback Issue DAW Software
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Pro Tools Playback Issue

Hello all!

I've had an ongoing issue with pro tools and I can't seem to find a good way to resolve it. It seems with no rhyme or reason this tends to happen, and I will open a project and when I click play, the counter will jump to (essentially) the end of the project, and will not play anything. I will start my cursor at, say bar 6, and as soon as I click play again it jumps as far as it will go and plays nothing. Is this a simple fix? Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Pro Tools Playback Issue-screen-shot-2018-06-14-3.47.26-pm.jpg  
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOStudioNC View Post
Hello all!

I've had an ongoing issue with pro tools and I can't seem to find a good way to resolve it. It seems with no rhyme or reason this tends to happen, and I will open a project and when I click play, the counter will jump to (essentially) the end of the project, and will not play anything. I will start my cursor at, say bar 6, and as soon as I click play again it jumps as far as it will go and plays nothing. Is this a simple fix? Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!
Based on your screenshot, I believe your problem to be that "Link Timeline and Edit Seclection is not on"

If you look at the top of the window where you have the selecter tool selected, and there's two blue boxes under it. check the next box to the right so that you would have 3 boxes in a row checked (the one under the scrub tool).

If you look, your edit selection (the blue arrow with the red line through the middle) is at somewhere between bar 5 and 9, while your timeline selection (based on the session counter at the top) is at bar 55201. So it is playing back from bar 55201.

Hope this made sense, and it helps you.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search