The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools refuses to shift an audio clip by the number of samples I specify Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Pro Tools refuses to shift an audio clip by the number of samples I specify

I'm running some samples through some outboard gear on many tracks of a big project. I use an insert that I put on a track then I "commit" and because of the latency caused by my outboard chain I then have to shift the processed tracks 60 samples earlier, using the edit/shift feature of PT.

It worked fine for the first 6 sessions of the project, but I'm now experiencing something very weird. On the session I'm working on, when I try to shift the tracks using edit/shift, PT ends up shifting the track a wrong number of samples : 85, 56,55.. it seems to be random and changes everytime.

Usually when you use the shift tool it keeps in memory the amount of samples you shifted the last time you used it. It still does that but with not with the value I inputted, but with the actual number of samples it shifted my track. eg. I try to shift my track 60 samples earlier, PT shifts it 85 samples earlier instead, I use the shift tool again and it's set by default on 85.

Of course I rebooted, deleted preferences, etc.. the usual "whole deal"

Did anybody ever experience that ? Am I missing something ?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

installed 2018.4 (I was on 2018.3), still having the same issue.

Tried it on a session in which it was working fine just yesterday, getting the issue now.

I'm running out of ideas
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Installed the very last version of PT Prefs and erased all prefs one more time and it fixed it ! Gadamn Avid ! spent the whole day trying to figure out what I was doing wrong

PT Prefs is a lifesaver !
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search