The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elastic audio rendering is not accurate
Old 18th March 2019
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
Spanzor's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundFella View Post
I was also about to ask what version of ProTools you’re on, and I was disappointed to see that you are on the most up-to-date version that I’m aware of. I’m still hovering on 12.8.3 because I’m in the middle of too many large projects and don’t want to try to rock the boat too much by updating ProTools and discovering that something that was once working flawlessly is now acting erratically - Just like this elastic audio situation that I eventually noticed when I switch from 9 to 11 like I said.
sorry I hadn't seen this until now, yea it's still pretty bad. I think that the current version (I'm on 2018.12) is the worst yet. sometimes the audio playback doesn't even change and you can make the visual look crazy, but it sounds like the original lol. super wild. Not to mention that the most current version of PT still isn't officially supported with OSX Mojave, which was released back on September 24, 2018 lol

I got Melodyne and that's pretty good at what I need but still it's like, I'm paying Avid for what again?

I put this same thread into the support forum and the moderator went dark haha
Old 1st April 2019
  #32
Lives for gear
 
weezul's Avatar
YouTube

anyone hearing the classic elastic audio 'bass warble' in this track?
Old 1st April 2019
  #33
Gear Maniac
 
Spanzor's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
YouTube

anyone hearing the classic elastic audio 'bass warble' in this track?
It could be, but I think it's more the note placement that I'm hearing. Elastic is super useful for production in this style, I've used it also to tightly edit metal guitars. Bass I can usually get away with cutting/sliding/nudging.

Terrible.Dee plays the bass to the grid everytime so no problems there

For anyone saying get better takes, which is what the Avid Moderator told me to do on their user forum (haha) the whole point is that the take is good already, it's more of a production choice and this youtube track is a great example.
Old 1st April 2019
  #34
Lives for gear
 
weezul's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanzor View Post
It could be, but I think it's more the note placement that I'm hearing.
Unfortunately after playing bass for over 15 years, it doesn't sound like it to me. It's in-between each chord, not the attacks of notes, listen carefully to the sustained bass notes, they have a mini 'cut' sound to them like a spike or warble sound, 29 seconds, 'YOU and your woman', listen to the bass under the word 'You'... that's one of the clearest examples.
Old 5th October 2019
  #35
Here for the gear
 

Spanzor, I was having the same maddening problem and finally fixed it as follows. I hope it helps you.

I had a long lead guitar track covering both a verse and a chorus -- like, 24 bars worth. To avoid potential tedium, I split it across two tracks and used two dramatically different amp models (a leslie-drenched one and a crunchy Tele) so it sounds like two guitars instead of one. After splitting the track, I set the project aside for a week. When I went back to it, the original leslie track played fine, but the Tele started "roaming" the way you described. Eventually I figured out that setting it to "real time processing" made it sound right, but that's not an optimal solution. I read your thread over on DUC, which was helpful with investigating.

What had happened was that, after cloning the track, I had used some warp markers to adjust a few spots. I was careful (so I though) about setting "anchors" around the edited warps, as best practice. In any case, after getting fed up with the roaming, I added some random anchors at just four or five random spots. And THEN the rendered processing worked.

Good luck, if you're still monitoring this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanzor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundFella View Post
I was also about to ask what version of ProTools you’re on, and I was disappointed to see that you are on the most up-to-date version that I’m aware of. I’m still hovering on 12.8.3 because I’m in the middle of too many large projects and don’t want to try to rock the boat too much by updating ProTools and discovering that something that was once working flawlessly is now acting erratically - Just like this elastic audio situation that I eventually noticed when I switch from 9 to 11 like I said.
sorry I hadn't seen this until now, yea it's still pretty bad. I think that the current version (I'm on 2018.12) is the worst yet. sometimes the audio playback doesn't even change and you can make the visual look crazy, but it sounds like the original lol. super wild. Not to mention that the most current version of PT still isn't officially supported with OSX Mojave, which was released back on September 24, 2018 lol

I got Melodyne and that's pretty good at what I need but still it's like, I'm paying Avid for what again?

I put this same thread into the support forum and the moderator went dark haha
Old 3rd November 2019
  #36
Gear Addict
 

Has this been fixed in 2019.10 ?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump