The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
commit 80+ tracks at once DAW Software
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

commit 80+ tracks at once

why can't i commit 80+ tracks at once? (picture below)
Attached Thumbnails
commit 80+ tracks at once-screen-shot-2018-04-16-5.20.48-pm.png  
Old 17th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletree View Post
why can't i commit 80+ tracks at once? (picture below)
Probably because of the maximum track count in Pro Tools.
Attached Thumbnails
commit 80+ tracks at once-screenshot_20180416-215510_chrome.jpg  
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@Bender412 hmm i have 64 audio tracks, 2 aux tracks and 1 master all in one session. So does it seem right that i can't commit everything i already having running in a session?

when i commit the tracks i delete the source track so nothing should be adding up there.

currently using the pro tools subscription from the avid website.
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
when i commit the tracks i delete the source track so nothing should be adding up
Because there will be a moment before deleting that both (all) tracks will exist.
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@pentagon is there any work-around to this?
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Do it in two groups.
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@pentagon even if i do it one by one that message still pops up at some point. are you saying split it into two different pro tools sessions?
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletree View Post
@pentagon even if i do it one by one that message still pops up at some point. are you saying split it into two different pro tools sessions?
You should be able to do 40, delete the old 40, and then do the rest. So at no point are you over 128 (you haven't mentioned sample rate so this may be a lower allowable count than I'm assuming)
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@pentagon I tried splitting it up and i get the same results. Every time i commit it automatically deletes tracks (pictured below).

I'm at 1024 sample rate.
Attached Thumbnails
commit 80+ tracks at once-screen-shot-2018-04-17-11.51.52-am.png  
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

sample rate, not buffer.
Sample rate would be 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, etc.

Can you do 10 selected?
(I know this is a silly question, but are you actually only selecting a limited about of tracks -- track names in white?)
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@pentagon lol sample rate is 44.1

I can only do 10 right at the beginning. It seems to limit me at around 50 tracks.

Ill highlight the tracks, got to tracks on the top panel and then click commit.
Attached Thumbnails
commit 80+ tracks at once-screen-shot-2018-04-17-12.40.04-pm.png  
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

So you can commit 50 and then it doesn't allow any more. But since you are deleting tracks as they commit, you are still at a total of 64 audio tracks? Do I have that right?

Can you post a screen shot of the tracklist (the left hand window above groups on either the mix or edit page)?
If after doing 50, you save, close, reopen the session, can you do more?
Old 18th April 2018
Gear Maniac

@pentagon thanks for helping out. i tried saving, closing, reopening and doing more. this is what ended up working. weird..
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

You can undo commit. I think that is what is screwing things up. Even though you are deleting the tracks after commit, ProTools is retaining them in case you want to undo. Closing/reopening wipes that from the buffer. Avid will have to change how undo deals with track count.
Old 8th May 2018
I think the thing to do is ask why you are committing.

If you commit because you are done working on the tracks and want to prevent changes being made, or you want to make stems, simply bounce the tracks to disk. Then you can import them as needed to a new mixing session or send them as stems.

If you are looking to just free up CPU, use freeze instead of commit.

Side note: 64 tracks is a whole lot of tracks not to mix down to more submaster auxs. If that's your tried and true style more power to you, but my 64 track session templates have 12 auxiliary busses that feed to my premaster and master fader. Just a thought.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search