The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
There was a problem stopping pro tools DAW Software
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

There was a problem stopping pro tools

Hi all

As you can see from the title I am having problems with my pro tools. I am currently a university lecturer teaching audio post-production/Foley work and I need my pro tools to prep lessons and grade work.

At the end of last year, I bought a new laptop as my old was near the point of death. My problem is my new laptop cannot handle videos what so ever even though it is an upgrade to previous.

Within Pro Tools 11.3.1 I input my video as normal a white small window appears (similar to the video window). Once I play a second window appears with the video yet the frames do not move, only audio is played. When I press stop it comes up with the error (there was a problem stopping pro tools).

This error stops me entering the top screen menu's (file, edit and so on). I have tried different codex's and stayed with DNxHD due to recommendations from other forum posts.

It is driving me up the wall I have no idea what to do! ... I know using a laptop is not the most ideal but it allows me to work on the go if need be. I have used Pro Tools to work with audio with little problems, it's just the video that is currently sucking.

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Processor AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

You are vague on what kind of "laptop" you are using, so no intelligent answers are possible.

I use MacBook Pro (2012) running OS 10.9.5 with PT 10 and 12.6 and no problems. I have not heard good things about PT11.
Old 16th April 2018
Here for the gear

my apologies

My laptop is a HP Laptop 15-bw0xx running windows 10
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1990 View Post
my apologies

My laptop is a HP Laptop 15-bw0xx running windows 10
Oh. Maybe a windows person can help you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search