The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Ultimate... The Worst Version Ever
Old 23rd April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
It depends on how is set your hw buffer. If I set the buffer at 1024 the cpu goes down to 5%. Btw, your mac is far ahead compared to mine.
Ah...now there you got me!! On a big mix I set mine to 1024 but I do pile on some crazy ****!!
Old 23rd April 2018
Gear Nut

Ok, found the problem. By closing the edit window when PT is running the CPU goes from 45% to 5% like when monitor PT through the mac out. It seems a graphic issue, but why it happens only when using the HDX?
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Head

That is well weird...I run twin screens so to close the edit window, I hit the red button making it disappear to the dock.
I was on an active mix showing 38% and no change???
Old 26th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWoodbine View Post
That is well weird...I run twin screens so to close the edit window, I hit the red button making it disappear to the dock.
I was on an active mix showing 38% and no change???
How is set your HW buffer? As already said I get this issue only when running PT at low buffer setting, 256 or lower
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

I am amazed sometimes by the community’s wilful ignorance.

Whenever a new PT version comes out, it is optimised for the DSP HDX systems.

Yes it is tested to work on native, but not OPTIMISED. Only after a few weeks / months is the “new” version stable on native.

HDX always comes first in the customer priority list- it’s why we pay 3/400 a year for updates.

Ultimate works let me a dream over here - on a laptop based HDX2 and a Mac Pro HDX2.
I’m not going to bother with the native systems until next month.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search