The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
new life for Pro Control and Control|24?
Old 23rd March 2018
Lives for gear

new life for Pro Control and Control|24?

Neyrinck is working on a solution for these legacy controllers that is showing some promise.
An article over at Pro Tools Expert and a small survey /sign up from Neyrinck for those interested in getting their Pro Control or Control|24 going in PT11 and beyond.
Would You Like Your Pro Control Or Control 24 To Work With Pro Tools Again? Neyrinck May Have The Answer — Pro Tools Blog

Last edited by Brian Campbell; 27th March 2018 at 05:51 AM..
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Maniac

This is amazing news!! I really hope they finish and release this.
I am a Control 24 owner and use it everyday. Being stuck at ProTools10 is a drag.
I will buy!!!!
Old 30th March 2018
Lives for gear

Cool. My business partner has one of these door stops...he actually wants me to take it and his old PT7 HD3 rig with a rack of Apogee converters and clock, and hook it all up in his basement...for his kid’s band to learn “the basics” on.

#firstworldproblems
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Maniac

I'm super excited about this development I have to say !!
Old 5th April 2018

come on.. you got this!..lets do it!!
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Hooked up this old dog in my business partner’s basement for his kid’s band to “learn the basics on” yesterday..

Just booting up PT7 again sure brought back memories... We haven't used this rig since about 2013.

PT7, HD3,dual G5, Control 24, 2x Apogee Rosetta 800, 3x Apogee adx16, Apogee Big Ben... lol at the new standard of what the basics are.

Of course, this setup was long ago paid for and is perfectly functional...still sounds great... will at least be put to good use once again after years in storage.
Attached Thumbnails
new life for Pro Control and Control|24?-ba0a6135-a216-4512-9446-a4636537f09e.jpg  
Old 8th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Hooked up this old dog in my business partner’s basement for his kid’s band to “learn the basics on” yesterday..

Just booting up PT7 again sure brought back memories... We haven't used this rig since about 2013.

PT7, HD3,dual G5, Control 24, 2x Apogee Rosetta 800, 3x Apogee adx16, Apogee Big Ben... lol at the new standard of what the basics are.

Of course, this setup was long ago paid for and is perfectly functional...still sounds great... will at least be put to good use once again after years in storage.
Sweet clutch banner
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Campbell View Post
Neyrinck is working on a solution for these legacy controllers that is showing some promise.
An article over at Pro Tools Expert and a small survey /sign up from Neyrinck for those interested in getting their Pro Control or Control|24 going in PT11 and beyond.
Would You Like Your Pro Control Or Control 24 To Work With Pro Tools Again? Neyrinck May Have The Answer — Pro Tools Blog
And additionally, while small, and not “pro”, does anyone likewise know about any such work being done to keep the old Command|8s working on more modern PT versions and OSs? I LLLOVED my C8! I’d love to put it back to use again, even if just in a small practice room, or for my music students to play around on.
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHacker View Post
And additionally, while small, and not “pro”, does anyone likewise know about any such work being done to keep the old Command|8s working on more modern PT versions and OSs? I LLLOVED my C8! I’d love to put it back to use again, even if just in a small practice room, or for my music students to play around on.
Command|8 is still working as far as I know.
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Update: Neyrinck's V-Control Pro with support for Pro Control and Control|24 has been released. Neyrinck - NEYRINCK
Old 27th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post

It's crazy that <$5k buys a system with 64 inputs and a controller. Yes the "basics" have changed
Old 3rd July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Update: Neyrinck's V-Control Pro with support for Pro Control and Control|24 has been released. Neyrinck - NEYRINCK
Great News!!! Thank you Neyrinck
Old 3rd July 2018
ok, who's done this! how well does it work, is it easy to get going.. I will buy right now if people say it works as it should .. this should be front page news!

Old 4th July 2018
Gear Head

I bought it a few hours ago. I installed it on a Windows 7 system running
PTHD 12.5 with a Pro Control. I accurately followed the instructions from their youtube video, but I can't get it to fully work. By that I mean, meters respond great, faders initially jump to track volumes (haven't tried automation), and Pro Control scribble readouts appear to display correctly....BUT I can't get any of the transport or edit functions to work. So, basically its useless for me right now. If I hit Play...nothing. However, if I hit the play from within PT, I can see that PT is working correctly, but the Pro Control is not.
Old 4th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomiGran View Post
I bought it a few hours ago. I installed it on a Windows 7 system running
PTHD 12.5 with a Pro Control. I accurately followed the instructions from their youtube video, but I can't get it to fully work. By that I mean, meters respond great, faders initially jump to track volumes (haven't tried automation), and Pro Control scribble readouts appear to display correctly....BUT I can't get any of the transport or edit functions to work. So, basically its useless for me right now. If I hit Play...nothing. However, if I hit the play from within PT, I can see that PT is working correctly, but the Pro Control is not.
hmm ...
Old 6th July 2018
Lives for gear

I did some testing today with V-Control Pro using a Pro Control on PT12.5 Win7. A bit of trouble getting it to go but turns out the Bonjour Service needs to be running... RTFM
Anyway working with a 24 fader Pro Control.
Haven't got too deep yet but so far faders are nice and responsive and the basics such as mutes, solo, sends A-E, banking, zoom, memory locations, etc. are fine.
Oh yes the transport controls are working fine.
There are limitations mostly to do with the HUI protocol I guess. Pro Control/Control 24 Setup in Pro Tools

Last edited by Brian Campbell; 6th July 2018 at 10:25 PM..
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Any Mac users tried this with Control 24 yet? How is it working for you?
I don't want to give Avid any $$$ to upgrade Pro Tools until I know this is reasonably solid.
Old 11th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated View Post
Any Mac users tried this with Control 24 yet? How is it working for you?
I don't want to give Avid any $$$ to upgrade Pro Tools until I know this is reasonably solid.
Old 21st July 2018
Gear Head

So glad I saw this posting! I'm using PT12HD on the editing computer and PT10HD on the main studio computer with Pro Control. I would like to upgrade the studio computer.

How is it working out for anybody who has bought it?
What are the limitations of using HUI protocol with the Pro Control?
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianb View Post
So glad I saw this posting! I'm using PT12HD on the editing computer and PT10HD on the main studio computer with Pro Control. I would like to upgrade the studio computer.

How is it working out for anybody who has bought it?
What are the limitations of using HUI protocol with the Pro Control?
I've done some testing with PT12.
The basics are there, faders, pan, mute, solo, track select, record, flip fader to send, banking, transport controls, automation controls, zoom, tool selector, window switches. There maybe more but haven't spent a lot of time on it.
Plugin editing is coming.
Some HUI limitations are four character scribble strip and no sends F-J.

This is the initial release and more work is being done.

Anyway kudos to Paul Neyrinck for putting this together.
Old 24th July 2018
Here for the gear

Hey Brian! What % of the CPU on your machine does V Control use while running? Does it seem to be taxing to your system?
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Maniac

Control 24/Mac users. How is it working? Is it stable?
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Can this work with non PT daws?
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmith34 View Post
Hey Brian! What % of the CPU on your machine does V Control use while running? Does it seem to be taxing to your system?
Just saw this, don't know how I missed it but anyway, I don't notice any difference in cpu load.
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Can this work with non PT daws?
V-Control works with other DAWs (of course) but not with Control|24 or Pro Control,they are only enabled in Pro Tools

Last edited by Brian Campbell; 24th September 2018 at 07:27 AM..
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
V-Control works with other DAWs (of course) but not with Control|24 or Pro Control,they are only enabled in Pro Tools
Bummer! Thanks, Brian for the info
Old 2nd October 2018
Gear Head
Do the meters actually work with this setup?? I am misunderstanding on they're website about it and hoping someone can confirm!
Old 29th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've done some testing with PT12.
The basics are there, faders, pan, mute, solo, track select, record, flip fader to send, banking, transport controls, automation controls, zoom, tool selector, window switches. There maybe more but haven't spent a lot of time on it.
Plugin editing is coming.
Some HUI limitations are four character scribble strip and no sends F-J.

This is the initial release and more work is being done.

Anyway kudos to Paul Neyrinck for putting this together.
How many tracks banking = only 8 at the time?
Old 29th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
How many tracks banking = only 8 at the time?
hopefully 24!

..and is there a big rigmarole when you fire up protools or is it as easy as it used to be..turn on the machine - launch PT then roll..
Old 30th October 2018
Lives for gear

As I understand it, the way software is connected to Pro Control, is based on HUI. So could mean the same limitations e. g. Only 8 tracks banking, only 4 knobs to control plugins at a time... I'm not sure, but not much info, as in almost none. Unfortunately.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search