The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
new life for Pro Control and Control|24?
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Head
I've gone and purchased a used Pro Control, so I can only speak for that. I am sure the Control 24 is identical in it's functions. I think it works great. You can bank as many channels as you'd like, in groups of 8 or single channels at a time. Plug in controls for almost all features, depending on the plugin. There are a lot of features useful that I didn't expect. Pretty much anything that could be done on a Mackie HUI can be done here, plus a few extras they threw in.

It was extremely easy to set up. It automatically communicated right on start up of Pro Tools once I set up the peripherals.

Many answers can be found here:

FAQs Archive - NEYRINCK
Old 31st October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanman555 View Post
I've gone and purchased a used Pro Control, so I can only speak for that. I am sure the Control 24 is identical in it's functions. I think it works great. You can bank as many channels as you'd like, in groups of 8 or single channels at a time. Plug in controls for almost all features, depending on the plugin. There are a lot of features useful that I didn't expect. Pretty much anything that could be done on a Mackie HUI can be done here, plus a few extras they threw in.

It was extremely easy to set up. It automatically communicated right on start up of Pro Tools once I set up the peripherals.

Many answers can be found here:

FAQs Archive - NEYRINCK
OK!! now i'm on board!
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Maniac

Is there now plug in control? I will be definitely buying this for my Control 24 when I upgrade my system.
Old 31st October 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviated View Post
Is there now plug in control? I will be definitely buying this for my Control 24 when I upgrade my system.
There is indeed plug in control.

Here is a quick crappy video I made showing what I've already gotten familiar with on Pro Control
The World's Worst Demonstration
Paul Neyrinck's Demonstration

Last edited by ibanman555; 31st October 2018 at 11:28 PM..
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

I don't think it means plugin control, like in manual mapping. If it's based on the HUI protocol the plugin parameters will be all over the place in random order. On other HUI controllers plugins only map to 4 knobs at the time. So I wonder if this system, basically just convert the Pro Control into a HUI controller, with all it's limitations? Good for those who has one lying around taking op space, but perhaps better for others just to get a new controller instead?

Last edited by lydfar; 1st November 2018 at 11:15 AM..
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Head
That is exactly what is happening, the V-Control software is translating the Pro Control's low level ethernet data to HUI and back again. Of course there are limitations when you compare the two, as the Pro Control was designed specifically for Pro Tools. But, the fader resolution is 0.1db which isn't typical for HUI and great to have! The best part is we can use our Pro Control again. That's it. Plugins can be controlled like with any designed HUI surface. I'll take that over not being able to use it at all.
Old 5th November 2018
Gear Head
Here is a link to the "User Manual" that helps give some more details about the functionality of Control 24 and Pro Control at this point:

Pro Control/Control 24 Setup in Pro Tools
Old 5th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanman555 View Post
Here is a link to the "User Manual" that helps give some more details about the functionality of Control 24 and Pro Control at this point:

Pro Control/Control 24 Setup in Pro Tools
thanks for that..after reading, i will wait to update the whole shabang ..too many limitations as of today
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Nut

Do you still need to run HD with a ProControl and V-Control or will it work without an HD rig and just use HUI? Thanks.
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Addict

Is the V controll compatible with the new pro tools 2019.5? I have an old digidesign c24 that I use with pro tools 10 ... also the metering will work ?
Old 25th June 2019
any new info on this, still working on it? ... anyone loving it with the control/24?

Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indellable View Post
Do you still need to run HD with a ProControl and V-Control or will it work without an HD rig and just use HUI? Thanks.
V-Control uses the HUI protocol regardless and will run on on PT standard (vanilla).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search