The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
C24 or Slate Raven Mti for pro tools daw controller ? Control Surfaces
Old 16th July 2018
  #31
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
No reason to be rude.
No reason to quote a month long post.

And I wasn't being rude.
Old 16th July 2018
  #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
No reason to quote a month long post.

And I wasn't being rude.
Quite frankly you WERE rude!
Old 16th July 2018
  #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by karljohnson View Post
.
Can I ask - those using the Raven is it 100% pretty much reliable on Mac/ pro tools native as I’ve checked out some sweet water reviews and in the past people have complained about the display freezing ?
Cheers
I’ve had my original MTi since it came out, what 5 years ago? It works great solid as a rock for me.
Old 16th July 2018
  #34
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
Quite frankly you WERE rude!
I disagree. But I like your facepalm. It's.... sophisticated...

Shall we keep this going? Does it count as good press for youknowwho?
Old 17th July 2018
  #35
Gear Maniac
 

Artist Mix has 8 faders and RAVEN has 24 so that a big plus in my mind. Also, being able to use touch with plugins and not have to map them to some generic faders is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarka776 View Post
I’ve read that there are problems using Raven on Windows especially using gestures.
Gestures work natively on Windows. If you open Studio One, Safari , Cubase/Nuendo, Photoshop, etc you will notice there are pinch zoom functions/scrolling and more.. It's up to the applications to set these up with Window Native Touch on Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarka776 View Post
I’ve read that there are problems using Raven on Windows and batch control.
Batch Commands are awesome on Windows.

Batch Commander for Pro Tools Windows


Batch Commander for Cubase/Nuendo
Old 16th February 2019
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Arichlsss's Avatar
I would love to see a 2hr real-time session of someone on a raven. I never believe the highlight reals that gloss over imperfections and put a product in the best light.
I googled it but didn’t see anything.

Does anyone know of a real-time session that’s not an advertisement for slate?
Old 18th February 2019
  #37
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichlsss View Post
I would love to see a 2hr real-time session of someone on a raven. I never believe the highlight reals that gloss over imperfections and put a product in the best light.
I googled it but didn’t see anything.

Does anyone know of a real-time session that’s not an advertisement for slate?
I thought about doing some live stream stuff when I am mixing, but most clients don't want people hearing the "rough" session until it is mixed.
Old 19th February 2019
  #38
Lives for gear
 

Only one I can think of is the CLA 2.0 coarse, but that's also acting as a Slate promo and he uses the computer mouse most of the time... I wonder how come there's not more videos of people showing of their Ravens. The hype is so intense, but most videos are mostly, about how awesome it is, not that many with real world experiences on a daily basis... I have read some comments about there's up's and downs, but not much detail on what it is...
Old 25th February 2019
  #40
The reason their aren't any bad videos is that the MTi2 is worth the little money you pay for it. It will speed up your workflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichlsss View Post
I would love to see a 2hr real-time session of someone on a raven. I never believe the highlight reals that gloss over imperfections and put a product in the best light.
I googled it but didn’t see anything.

Does anyone know of a real-time session that’s not an advertisement for slate?
Old 26th February 2019
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Arichlsss's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wolff Designs View Post
The reason their aren't any bad videos is that the MTi2 is worth the little money you pay for it. It will speed up your workflow.
No videos at all, good or bad. I just wish I could see a real time workflow that’s all.
Old 9th April 2019
  #42
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichlsss View Post
No videos at all, good or bad. I just wish I could see a real time workflow that’s all.
I mixed 26 songs this weekend on my Dual RAVENS and filmed the first 90min. Since it is a live recording I don't think my clients will mind me posting it.



May have gone a bit faster if I used my template but I wanted to show a mix from scratch.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump