The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
12.8.3 HD Drivers
Old 29th December 2017
Gear Head

12.8.3 HD Drivers

I’m one of the many people who use an HD native to link up my Burl Mothership, and don’t use Pro Tools. As a result acquiring the hd drivers now is quite a faff; avid will rend upon request but that usually takes a couple days to get back.

Would anyone mind posting the 12.8.3 HD DRIVERS for the Mac so I can happily update my system

Thanks!
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

PM'd
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
PM'd
Responded

By the way Gearslutz,

There is evidently a rumor that not using pro-tools with an HD Native TB will only allow you 8 in and 10 out - That you will not be able to utilize all 64 channels of the HD Native TB.

This is incorrect. You can have 64 channels all day long in Logic, Cubase, Native Instruments Maschine editor-- Even iTunes if you really really wanted. (even tho that's not an option)
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Not a "rumour" (unless I just created it). For HDX you can only see 8in/10out so I wanted another "slut" to check with you what the situation with the Native card is.

And to clarify -- I just checked the reason for this. It can only read what's hooked to the first card on HDX so in my case it sees a 8in/10out interface. Explains things.
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Not a "rumour" (unless I just created it). For HDX you can only see 8in/10out so I wanted another "slut" to check with you what the situation with the Native card is.

And to clarify -- I just checked the reason for this. It can only read what's hooked to the first card on HDX so in my case it sees a 8in/10out interface. Explains things.

Can you please explain what you are seeing versus your expectation? I think I may be a little unclear?

HD Native supports maximum 64 channels -
Your particular interface has 8 ins and 10 outs.

As far as I can see these are mutually exclusive properties.
Could you elaborate a little more please
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Also need this desperately :(

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

I don't know the rules of the forum on this issue. Just tried to find then and I wasn't able to find anything.. But if I had to use my best judgement it is a driver that is not being sold and will be provided to anyone for free from any avid customer agent, so I'm going to make a judgement call and assume it is probably OKAY to post it publicly.

If this runs into any issues with forum rules I welcome any mods to please let me know and i'll happily remove the link

Dropbox - HD 12.8.3 Driver Installers.zip
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

I’m not running native but instead multiple HDX cards. I have >>64 channels on the system but core audio can only access a few of them. I’ve traced that to the core Audio driver can only see what’s hooked up to the first card and can’t see the interfaces hooked to the other cards (that are linked together)
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

What version HD Drivers do you currently have?

Also the card is smart. It will not look for a second card until the first card has been filled. The HD Native knowing you do not have 32 channels currently used, will not show you the second card. If you did the second card would then be made available.

Does this answer your question?

If you are on a lower operating system or have a lower HD Driver version there has ben many core audio problems that have been subsequently fixed
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

I have no question anymore. My question had been if there were differences with how the HDX and HD native are treated by core audio due to what I was seeing; turns out there is not any difference just the native card can’t do something the HDX cards can do (chain multiple)

I’m the guy who just gave you the latest software so I am running the latest. Page 27 of the HDX manual clearly states that core Audio can only read the first HDX card. That’s all that is happening. It’s working as Avid intended. Any interfaces hooked to that are readable and all others ignored.

And multiple HD native cards are not supported according to Avid in any one system. If you’ve been able to get around that, that would bring brand new info.
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

Sounds right to me!
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

Multiple HD Natives-- Meaning effectively 128 channels? Haven't tried that one, but HD Native does has documentation in the manual of how to daisy chain two devices-- weather this is supported or not, i'm not sure
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah. If you could go to more cards. That would be curious but according to Avid not possible. When we run HDX in ProTools, linking multiple cards is what’s done to get high channel count like in my system. But you can’t see that from core Audio.

Daisy chaining interfaces off one port, though, is always possible and supported
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Head

I think the idea is if you need 128 channels, you're not using HD Native TB as your interface i/o
Old 29th March 2018
Here for the gear

Any chance anyone can PM or post me the Windows drivers? I am having an issue where input monitoring randomly freezes regardless of DAW and I only have upto 12.6 drivers in my account for my HD Native Card. Thanks!
Old 19th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezivor View Post
I don't know the rules of the forum on this issue. Just tried to find then and I wasn't able to find anything.. But if I had to use my best judgement it is a driver that is not being sold and will be provided to anyone for free from any avid customer agent, so I'm going to make a judgement call and assume it is probably OKAY to post it publicly.

If this runs into any issues with forum rules I welcome any mods to please let me know and i'll happily remove the link

Dropbox - HD 12.8.3 Driver Installers.zip
This saved me some searching. Thanks! I have 12.8.4 installed and the HD driver for 12.8.4 locks me out of adjusting the inputs, outputs, etc. Additionally, if I launch the avidaudioserver app and then close it on 12.8.4's hd driver, it will not let me open it again unless I restart. I even upgraded my OS last night from 10.11 to 10.12 and uninstalled/reinstalled 12.8.4 hd drivers with the same result. Ditching 12.8.4 drivers and rolling back to 12.8.3 gets it working again :-/
Old 29th June 2018
Here for the gear

top of the morning, could someone be so kind, to post the windows version?
Old 3rd May 2019
Here for the gear

OH Please repost Mac version or PM me.

I Also Need Desperately. Thanks!
Old 16th August 2019
Here for the gear

I also need the driver ! Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search